What was agreed on the new contract regarding Health Insurance?

Tony Q

I know. I figured as much. I don’t know much of Fred’s negotiating skills. As far as New England’s Supplement, we seem
to be still a ways away on an agreement.
Maybe they need to get Fred involved. They were scared of him in his area. Ups practically rolled over for him. They know his clout. He beat Hoffa in America.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Talking to Fred about won't change a thing. Mr Eat Sleep Fish has no power to automatically send them back to the table. That time is coming though. Or it should. After the last contract, it wouldn't matter anyway. It will just be forced on us despite the loud chorus of NOs and BOOs.
So has it come to the point where a disgreement with a deal is "bashing it on this site", or anywhere else? That is so far out of touch with reality it isn't even funny.
I posted the Local 89 update, what in particular don't you, the 30 year guy not like....and how does it translate for the rest of the membership, seniority aside???

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I posted the Local 89 update, what in particular don't you, the 30 year guy not like....and how does it translate for the rest of the membership, seniority aside???
There is a lot to like if you are a part timer.
What I REALLY dislike is those 250 new FT jobs. We know this company is basically a 24 hr operation M-friend and those new guys can't even get 8 hours DAILY?
The "maintaining of a/c" in the crew vans. We don't even have an a/c van.
There is always give and take with any negotiations. I wonder just what we shot for and gave up for that.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I know the raises and pension is all about the Master, but outside of the increased ST disability in the rider, there wasn't much to be excited about if you are already FT.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There is a lot to like if you are a part timer.
What I REALLY dislike is those 250 new FT jobs. We know this company is basically a 24 hr operation M-friend and those new guys can't even get 8 hours DAILY?
The "maintaining of a/c" in the crew vans. We don't even have an a/c van.
There is always give and take with any negotiations. I wonder just what we shot for and gave up for that.
What percentage of the effected Local 89 membership is part time vs full time?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Maybe they need to get Fred involved. They were scared of him in his area. Ups practically rolled over for him. They know his clout. He beat Hoffa in America.

Why wasn't the "shuttle" issue addressed ?

That was the big thing in 2013.

FZ has proven.... he's all talk.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why wasn't the "shuttle" issue addressed ?

That was the big thing in 2013.
What makes you think the "shuttle issue" has not been addressed?
No, your eyeballs aren't deceiving you, but your jaded prejudices and lack of objectivity are clouding your ability to sort through this topic.

You see, like you, this was the first thing that I looked for when I opened this link:

Local 89 UPS Air Contract Negotiations Update

....but instead of reacting like this:

FZ has proven.... he's all talk.

-Bug-

....I made some phone calls to the stewards I still network with, the same stewards I hand billed with at WorldPort one cold day in February of 2014, on my own time and on my own dime.

What I learned didn't surprise me, and it shouldn't surprise you either Bug, if you are what you say you are, and have been around as long as you claim.

What I know to be true, is that UPS absolutely hates bad press, especially in cities like Atlanta and Louisville, where they have an enormous corporate stature in the local community.
So when the Local 89 Air Rider drug on, until being ultimately imposed, and with the shuttle issue on the front burner and widely covered in the local, regional, and national news, UPS saw a need to address it before five more years rolled around, in hopes of avoiding another "black eye".

Since 2014 at the WorldPort facility, new modern climate controlled buses were purchased and put into service.
Any shuttle trip in excess of 20 minutes now results in the employees being paid for the difference in time and they are not counted as late.

In addition, there is a shuttle committee that meets regularly to address any issues, and to date has been successful in resolving the problems that have surfaced.

From what I have gathered, the shuttle is no longer an issue and wasn't included as a proposal from the membership.

....and get this @BigUnionGuy, Local 89 had 15 front line rank and file stewards on their negotiating committee.

What other committee can say that?

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Since 2014 at the WorldPort facility, new modern climate controlled buses were purchased and put into service.
Any shuttle trip in excess of 20 minutes now results in the employees being paid for the difference in time and they are not counted as late.

Out of the "goodness" of their heart, the company provides this.

What part of the Local 89 Rider covers that ?

Or, is it a handshake agreement with Fred....

What I learned didn't surprise me, and it shouldn't surprise you either Bug, if you are what you say you are, and have been around as long as you claim.

Ha !

I watched the President of your Local (drunk off his ass) threaten the company Chairman

when he was only a BA. And your Local elected him President.... What happened ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Out of the "goodness" of their heart, the company provides this
No, to protect the brand and the Company's stature in the community.

Where did I lose you?

You see, when a Company like UPS has a facility like WorldPort that employs 9,000+ people, in a city the size of Louisville, everyone knows somebody who works there.

This issue, hashed out in the court of public opinion, didn't suit UPS and the image they want to project to the community, so they fixed it.
What part of the Local 89 Rider covers that ?

Or, is it a handshake agreement with Fred....
No idea, all I know is the subject was part of the proposal process in 2013 and 2014.
Ha !

I watched the President of your Local (drunk off his ass) threaten the company Chairman

when he was only a BA. And your Local elected him President.... What happened ?
They actually elected him President twice, after one defeat the election cycle prior.

Not sure what that has to do with anything we were discussing???