What was agreed on the new contract regarding Health Insurance?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's all right there in black and white in just about every post of mine.
Yeah, I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of it.

I suppose I need a better frame of reference?

Seems to though, if all changes are detailed in the 89 negotiations link in this thread, you would be able to oint at some specific language that changed to illustrate your displeasure, aside from the 250 new 22.3 jobs?

Can't get my head around that being a bad thing?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Yeah, I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of it.

I suppose I need a better frame of reference?

Seems to though, if all changes are detailed in the 89 negotiations link in this thread, you would be able to oint at some specific language that changed to illustrate your displeasure, aside from the 250 new 22.3 jobs?

Can't get my head around that being a bad thing?
I only like the disability. Outside of that there isn' anything that pertains to me. Sure the PT guys have a lot to like, outside of the starting wage.
I do like the language about having the union available at orientation. But I am sorry, cell phones and a/c vans are something that shouldn't even be negotiated. I don't have an a/c van and I don't want it. Neither do the guys I work side by side with.

542thruNthru

I only like the disability. Outside of that there isn' anything that pertains to me. Sure the PT guys have a lot to like, outside of the starting wage.
I do like the language about having the union available at orientation. But I am sorry, cell phones and a/c vans are something that shouldn't even be negotiated. I don't have an a/c van and I don't want it. Neither do the guys I work side by side with.

I might have this wrong but...

It sounds like it doesnt have anything bad but you only hate it because it has to many good things for the PT employees and not that many for you.

Sounds kinda selfish man. Like I said I could be wrong but that's how you are coming across.

bowhnterdon

No, to protect the brand and the Company's stature in the community.

Where did I lose you?

You see, when a Company like UPS has a facility like WorldPort that employs 9,000+ people, in a city the size of Louisville, everyone knows somebody who works there.

This issue, hashed out in the court of public opinion, didn't suit UPS and the image they want to project to the community, so they fixed it.

No idea, all I know is the subject was part of the proposal process in 2013 and 2014.

They actually elected him President twice, after one defeat the election cycle prior.

Not sure what that has to do with anything we were discussing???
It was the only snide comment he could come up. Certainly didn’t answer the question about hourlies on committees. They should always be the negotiating team. Most of the IBT bigwigs don’t have any clue about the current conditions on the ground floor

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I might have this wrong but...

It sounds like it doesnt have anything bad but you only hate it because it has to many good things for the PT employees and not that many for you.

Sounds kinda selfish man. Like I said I could be wrong but that's how you are coming across.
Not trying to sound selfish. I just wanted more. The raise is :censored2: though that is the Master. Verdict still out on health and pension but supposed improvements there. The disability is nice and about time. Only used it once and that $277.77 was ridiculous.
I'd like to have been able to break up more vacation time. It's area specific at SDF. Some can break it all up, some can't. My area can't.
If my health and particularly pension is better, I may change my mind. I am of the mind that you never accept the first offer.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
A path to early retirement would be a nice as well. I can't see me doing this at 62. And losing 6% every year I retire early is suicide. I know that is a Master issue.

Vette51

Union available at orientation is only to sell new hires on becoming a teamster as Ky is now a right to work state.
I read in int'ls statement, improved pension benefits. I want to see them.

crazyeyes

OP wrote Not sure how you all feel but our health insurance was not nearly as good as our previous contract. Don't get me wrong, our insurance is fantastic. But still not as good as the previous. I am just hoping they don't agree to a lesser health insurance.

Our retiree health insurance needs to be improved .
The $200,000 max health care benefit per year, needs to be changed, for retiree’s. I know of drivers that keep working just because of the low benefit Teamcare health insurance pays to retirees. I have known a retired UPS drivers spouse, that was afraid of going over the $200,000 max per year, and had to think about skipping treatment’s for cancer.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
OP wrote Not sure how you all feel but our health insurance was not nearly as good as our previous contract. Don't get me wrong, our insurance is fantastic. But still not as good as the previous. I am just hoping they don't agree to a lesser health insurance.

The $200,000 max health care benefit per year, needs to be changed, for retiree’s. I know of drivers that keep working just because of the low benefit Teamcare health insurance pays to retirees. I have known a retired UPS drivers spouse, that was afraid of going over the $200,000 max per year, and had to think about skipping treatment’s for cancer.
You don't skip cancer treatments no matter the cost.

PT Car Washer

I have 3 pensions. My PT, my 6 hr, and my full time.
I see what you mean. A lot of PT who went FT after many years were misinformed on how the different pensions would work. Most thought they could combine their PT years with their FT years and retire at the higher amount. Years ago I remember having that argument with friends that took the Art 22.3 jobs.

twoweeled

$200,000 max?? Are you sure?? Horrible. One visit to the hospital for "suspected" heart attack and 2 nights can probably take a 1/3 of that max. Let alone having to actually have to fix anything. I wouldn't be surprised if a bypass would take the entire max? I don't know, but I'm guessing. What happens when you use the entire MAX?
You will be seeing the doctor after retirement, A LOT MORE than you do now as active.

bowhnterdon

Per year? You are lucky compared to mine. 500k max. Lifetime..

Heffalump

Went to the dentist 2 months ago and invisalign wasn't covered. Just went today and now they are covered. Maybe some decent enhancements?

DOK

I would nlli to see them put a freeze on what retirees got to pay.
people are forgetting. The more healthcare goes up for retirees, the longer active employees have to work for the same amount of money when they retire. If monthly retirement pay goes up $160 ish per month a year - then because of this $300 retirees pay. You have to work almost 2 more years to make up that $300 a month paid for healthcare. That used to be $50 a month. If it goes up more. You could be working an extra 3 years for what was the same amount. Maybe more. Hard to explain, but I'm sure others are aware of it.
UPS is a fun place to work, but I don't think it's fun enough to work an extra 2-3 years .

Retiree healthcare $1600 a month here, just saying.