What would you like to see in the next contract?

PT Car Washer

Our center used to work with our local American Legion post to put together food baskets for those less fortunate. When they switched to coupons/vouchers we included those instead. I can buy my own turkey---the real losers here are those we used to help out.
I hope you included the UPS PT new hires as those less fortunate.

I see those long lines going through my building all the time also. And you never see them again. What does that tell you?
The jobs suck but they can still find people to do it. For now there isn't enough supply for demand. The economy seems to be getting better so there might me more competition for workers soon. We'll see.

PT Car Washer

The jobs suck but they can still find people to do it. For now there isn't enough supply for demand. The economy seems to be getting better so there might me more competition for workers soon. We'll see.
In the mean time UPS pays PT sups $15/hr and double shifters $30 to $45/hr to do the job.

I'd like to see us have better uniform options. How about cargo shorts and the option to wear a gold shirt in the summer to combat the sun. You have to admit it wouldn't hurt if we were a little better in the style department for the general public.

PT Car Washer

No, I don't, especially those who are too lazy to work elsewhere.
Maybe they are just not smart enough to find a better job. Or have a criminal record. Or are hoping to get on FT at some point. Not too many lazy Union workers in the hubs. Unless you include the high seniority people. We have earned it.

Ups135

1. Improve our healthcare, I know some people got a better deal with the contract but my local took a big hit on this one, our plan is much worse.

2. I would like to see the opt in / opt out language changed to a sign up every year rather than a sign up when violated. Or, an automatic grievance filed on your behalf when violated, by the locals.

3. In our Ryder, I would like to see and extra option day per yer or an extra week vacation increasing the total to 8 weeks paid.

The company made billions, and will continue to make record profits every quarter, we shouldn't have to settle for less, go get yours, if your local wont back you, screw them, vote them out in the next election. We have a good idea where our unions priorities are right now, corrupt.

By The Book

UPS135, that sign up list was posted at our center after the implementation of our last contract,2008-2013. Once signed you were on it for a 5 month period and could opt in again in the next 5 month period. It couldn't be used during the months of November and December. That was scrapped at some panel decision. Now it's the affected then get on the list bs. I like your idea of an automatic grievance idea, maybe if the company didn't pay you on your next check it would trigger penalty pay for every pay period late.

By The Book

I'd like to see us have better uniform options. How about cargo shorts and the option to wear a gold shirt in the summer to combat the sun. You have to admit it wouldn't hurt if we were a little better in the style department for the general public.
I like that idea. We could work in some yellow/ gold color to match our trucks. I get a kick out of the cool solutions pcms where they talk about light colored clothing is cooler, really! I didn't know this.

UPS WORKHORSE

I like that idea. We could work in some yellow/ gold color to match our trucks. I get a kick out of the cool solutions pcms where they talk about light colored clothing is cooler, really! I didn't know this.

Maybe the shirts could have that gold reflective line like the jackets. That way the car going 40 mph in a residential street might see us at night and be so kind as to swerve around us instead of over us.

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

Maybe the shirts could have that gold reflective line like the jackets. That way the car going 40 mph in a residential street might see us at night and be so kind as to swerve around us instead of over us.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Absolutely, those reflective stripes on the jackets are one of the things big brown got right.