What would you like to see in the next contract?

tourists24

I am 53 years old and the 3 cover drivers, who range in age from the low 30's to early 40's, who cover my run have a hard time keeping up.

No, the allowances are not the same, but they are not that far apart, either.

I know I could ride with an overallowed driver, easily shave 30-60 minutes off of their paid day and follow the methods.
Well please come to NC and show me how to do that. I run an hour and a half over every day (was always about a half hour over til virtual time study last year). Numerous 3 day rides have been with the same results. My methods are very good. Guess we will disagree on this but I'm no milker. I don't want all the OT

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well please come to NC and show me how to do that. I run an hour and a half over every day (was always about a half hour over til virtual time study last year). Numerous 3 day rides have been with the same results. My methods are very good. Guess we will disagree on this but I'm no milker. I don't want all the OT.

I like NC. My daughter and son-in-law spent a year in Burlington. Beautiful state. I especially enjoyed the Triad. RDU is a really nice airport, clean and easy to get in and out.

By The Book

We had several sit-down contract proposal meetings. I think we had 10 FTers and 15 PTers show up.
Our ba said that we were not having one and to e mail the local with our ideas. What a way to lock the members out of the process. I think that all locals should be required to show the members what the negotiating committees are going to propose or concede so we as members can vote knowing what the hell is going on. This goes for national proposals as well, he'll the master vote was pretty close.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
I would like to see vacation to include overtime and be an average of every 5 day work week from the previous year. Ex you average 8 hrs overtime every week the previous year your vacation weeks would be 40 straight and 8 overtime hours. This would also help with the excessive overtime issue as it hits corporate in the vault.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would like to see vacation to include overtime and be an average of every 5 day work week from the previous year. Ex you average 8 hrs overtime every week the previous year your vacation weeks would be 40 straight and 8 overtime hours. This would also help with the excessive overtime issue as it hits corporate in the vault.

Do you know how difficult it would be to track this?

We get 45 hours when we go on vaca which takes care of some of the OT.

By The Book

I was a casual for the first 5 years or so of my career. I knew at least 10 routes, maybe more. I rarely, if ever, bitch about my dispatch, even with the occasional 10.5-11 hr planned day. Yes, I am normally at least an hour under every day, with a full lunch and break.

I still contend 9.5 should be based on planned day, not hours worked.
I think if you ran your route the way you say you do, taking your lunch and breaks and showed an hour late, and your planned days were 9 hours you may not think this way.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Do you know how difficult it would be to track this?

We get 45 hours when we go on vaca which takes care of some of the OT.

My cellphone has the computing power to make this simple work. If it adds a few full-time jobs to run the program and double check it to make it as accurate as possible, even better. Upsers has all of your checks from the previous year so it would be simple to personally check the accuracy by employees.
An added benefit would be those that skip lunch would lose vacation overtime as well, possibly getting them to see the light and follow the methods!
Also I'd like to be able to grow and neatly trimmed beard. Those are my two demands! :D

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

I've seen a lot on here about liking/ disliking the current contract. However, whether we like or dislike this contract doesn't matter since the contact is passed. We can argue all day, but that's not going to change a thing. Instead, let's discuss something we can affect, which is the next contract. What would you like to see in the next contract?

Sent using BrownCafe App
It won't make a difference anyway. Our request are not taken seriously anyway. We will get whatever our Union needs us to get to keep them solvent!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

UPS has nothing to do with comp law.[/quite]
No kidding. If you read the whole post you will notice I put state laws have a lot to do with. I also put taw language in my thread. I probably know more about injured on the job language than you will ever think about knowing since I've been going thru this for over 2 years. After you are out a year you lose your medical. I would like to see that changed. Workers comp is not responsible for your blood pressure medicine and your family etc etc. Instead of working split shifts their should be an 8 hour shift to get your time in. Split shifts don't allow you to get the rest you need to recover. You stick with supervision and let us union members worry about the contract.

HereWeGoAgain

I used to be called a so called "runner" before i had a bid route. I'm lucky to have a route but my OPS are horrible. 70+ business stops & 70 res a day. horrible traffic, Lots of suites, TONS of carting, lots of stairs. Plus I am the only non 9/5er in the loop. I run about an hour over everyday and I haven't even hit 30 yet. Those numbers are BS I quit caring just get my 10-11 hours everyday & watch my 401k grow.:biggrin: No complaining here!! I just give management a blank stare when asked about performance, works ever time!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Exactly dude. You go out and do the job at a pace you feel comfortable at mentally and physically so you can try and finish this race 1 day. Freak them and their numbers dude lol.

HereWeGoAgain

No kidding, no incentive to even try to scratch. We are getting Orion in our building now, haven't had my rides yet. But I'm sure it will just turn into 11/12 hour days here soon. The other center in our building dissolved two routes due to Orion. Can't wait :sick: