What would you like to see in the next contract?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Freak a dam scratch. But ill try n get my miles up to plan halfway decent, but honestly I really don't give a rats ass about their fakeazz numbers lol. Itll be what itll be partner. Kinda the mentality you really have to have anymore really.

HereWeGoAgain

Yeah, Im very lucky, I got a full time job when I was 21. So almost 9 full time years already and Im feeling those "runner years already. Anytime I meet a retiree on my route, I make sure I shake their hand and chat em up. Lots of respect for those 30+ year guys.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
FOR EVERY TEAMSTERS TO ENFORCE THE CONTRACT AND STAND UNITED,AND STOP COMPLAINING TO THE NEXT PERSON AND STAND UP FOR THEIR RIGHTS , AND FILE GRIEVANCE.

By The Book

FOR EVERY TEAMSTERS TO ENFORCE THE CONTRACT AND STAND UNITED,AND STOP COMPLAINING TO THE NEXT PERSON AND STAND UP FOR THEIR RIGHTS , AND FILE GRIEVANCE.
If even 25% did this in each job classification, it would be infectious. When the members only worry about themselves, it's easy to be intimidated. I call it divide and conquer. Take only one person under your wing, and everyone picks Someone else and it can happen!

PT Car Washer

Agreed! For how long it takes now for them to create another full time job, the part timers need to be rewarded for sticking it out so freakin long.
The funny thing is, I bet most preload and hub managers would agree with a $15.00 an hour starting wage just to get some quality employees who will stay past the first day. Why not? UPS are paying PT sups that kind of money to do the same work and paying double shifters anywhere from $15/hr to $45/hr to fill in.

Ron Carey lives on

I cannot believe their are posters on here that recognize ups standards and numbers. Do you know what being in a union means? What if a UMWA was held to the standards of underground mine. How about a union painter on a scaffle painter on bridge, should he be held to apaint stroke standard. A steel worker, iron worker. Being in a union is about quality not quantity. Respect for a customers, not throwing them a diad board, and running out the door like an idiot, service people. Do what you can do safely. Stay relaxed, there isnt anything on that package that can eat you. Our customers are our best weapons, they see us not bean counters in Atlanta. We make this company money, and just got a great contract for it (joke)

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I cannot believe their are posters on here that recognize ups standards and numbers. Do you know what being in a union means? What if a UMWA was held to the standards of underground mine. How about a union painter on a scaffle painter on bridge, should he be held to apaint stroke standard. A steel worker, iron worker. Being in a union is about quality not quantity. Respect for a customers, not throwing them a diad board, and running out the door like an idiot, service people. Do what you can do safely. Stay relaxed, there isnt anything on that package that can eat you. Our customers are our best weapons, they see us not bean counters in Atlanta. We make this company money, and just got a great contract for it (joke)

Sent using BrownCafe App
Hruuuph ... Ron Carey is dead.

The funny thing is, I bet most preload and hub managers would agree with a $15.00 an hour starting wage just to get some quality employees who will stay past the first day. Why not? UPS are paying PT sups that kind of money to do the same work and paying double shifters anywhere from $15/hr to $45/hr to fill in.
If ups wanted to pay their people this the contract doesn't stop them. The wages in the contract are at a minimum. Ups could pay more at any time if need be. The reality is people line up to work here so they work with that.

PT Car Washer

If ups wanted to pay their people this the contract doesn't stop them. The wages in the contract are at a minimum. Ups could pay more at any time if need be. The reality is people line up to work here so they work with that.
If people are lining up to get a job at UPS why are people double shifting all the time?