what's a "light" day?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had the center manager tell me I was light one day this week. I said no I have 8-8.5 hours of work. He said yeah your light.

To me light would be under 8 hours. Just right 8-9.49 heavy over 9.5. What do u consider "light"?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I only worked nine hours today, the lightest I have been in a couple of months with 146 stops/115 miles.

I had 215 stops Wednesday and used a Preloader as a Helper for a few hours. I had 42 extra stops of Atlanta Falcon season tickets.

Brownslave688

I only worked nine hours today, the lightest I have been in a couple of months with 146 stops/115 miles.

I had 215 stops Wednesday and used a Preloader as a Helper for a few hours. I had 42 extra stops of Atlanta Falcon season tickets.

Yeah but my thing is just because its lighter than normal doesn't make it a light day. 9 hours of work is not a light day.

stink219

what's a "light" day?

I consider light under 1000 pounds. UPS makes money based upon weight X distance. Yet our time allowances are not calculated as such. So the next time your scumbag sup tells you you light, ask him how much weight you delivered.

Brownslave688

I consider light under 1000 pounds. UPS makes money based upon weight X distance. Yet our time allowances are not calculated as such. So the next time your scumbag sup tells you you light, ask him how much weight you delivered.

Probably not much. I do mostly rural routes. But even then probably over 1000 lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
110 to 120 is light. Had 127 last friday n punched out at 430. 170 pieces, couldnt hardly believe it was that light. I busted that baby out. It was 95 degrees all week and i had enough of it for a week. Last stop i turned my phone off and left diad in the back cab lol. i wasnt helping nobody lol.

Maple7

Last month or two has been 10 hours or more every single flipping day. If somehow you sneak through the cracks and get a 9.5 dispatch its a double edged sword cause you just gotta go help the guy next to ya that still has 120 left at 1700. Biggest pay check ever was two weeks ago. I consider a 9 hour day to be "light" unfortunately.

8Keys

under 100,000 pieces for the sort
Sounds about right for my hub. But then some new hires and some old geezers go home and the rest of us get to work as hard as always. My definition of a "light" day is December 23rd (maybe not for preload or drivers sorry), or any day involving a corporate audit or safety inspection.

ocnewguy

Sounds about right for my hub. But then some new hires and some old geezers go home and the rest of us get to work as hard as always. My definition of a "light" day is December 23rd (maybe not for preload or drivers sorry), or any day involving a corporate audit or safety inspection.

Alright guys, it's friday and we're doing 20k less than a normal day...everything should run fine if we send half the building home...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
brutal.jpg
Last Monday punched out just under 8 hours. First day working following filing excess hours grievance. I could get used to days like these.
brutal.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
Anything under 9.1 is a "light day". For me a light day is when I have to take my full hour lunch to fill the gaps instead of my half hour approved.

nicky

We were told by our center manager that the corporate mandate is now a 9.1 DISPATCH. So I guess to them anything under that is light

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I was told I was light the other day at 125 stops which initially appeared the case basec solely on stops until I saw they stuffed 375 pieces into the truck spread out in 2 towns.