Whats happens if you cross the line and scab during a strike?

542thruNthru

The membership meetings and proposal meetings are going to be very important this year people need to attend.
I've tried to get members to come out to strike lines. Show them what it's like. It's a eye opener seeing how everyone is excited and happy the first 3 or 4 days. 10 days in everyone loses that excited Gung-ho look. 3 weeks in its a whole different animal.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've tried to get members to come out to strike lines. Show them what it's like. It's a eye opener seeing how everyone is excited and happy the first 3 or 4 days. 10 days in everyone loses that excited Gung-ho look. 3 weeks in its a whole different animal.
1976 was over 8 weeks long

Pullman Brown

I’ve been with UPS almost 19 years. I get the culture of UPS. Some of these issues have been around for a while, some worse, others new. How much of what’s happening right now with all of our issues is being created by the CEO?

Thebrownblob

I’ve been with UPS almost 19 years. I get the culture of UPS. Some of these issues have been around for a while, some worse, others new. How much of what’s happening right now with all of our issues is being created by the CEO?
I believe the lack of respect and disregard is coming from her trying to change the culture for the worse.

UnionStrong

So your hand was sore a lot? 😂
A010EADD-2EEA-42CD-AAC9-9DB4D151B84D.gif

Karma...

1976 was over 8 weeks long

it was 3 solid months....I was there.......this time we will lose much business to the competition.......ups will not have to call everybody back......ups may lose volume while the union will lose members thus benefits money........a strike is truly ugly and costly to most people as well as a failure in negotiations..........dont forget that most ups stock is held publicly with the voting sway is still with management.........its not like the old days when management had the stock and were on the hook.......most management are way diversified with ups stock at the most 5% of their holdings.....the a/b stocks really changed the negotiating tables........I am retired so have at it folks.....my monthly pension is etched in stone.....the union pensions are fluid and I see if their is a strike will be hard to sustain......

UnionStrong

it was 3 solid months....I was there.......this time we will lose much business to the competition.......ups will not have to call everybody back......ups may lose volume while the union will lose members thus benefits money........a strike is truly ugly and costly to most people as well as a failure in negotiations..........dont forget that most ups stock is held publicly with the voting sway is still with management.........its not like the old days when management had the stock and were on the hook.......most management are way diversified with ups stock at the most 5% of their holdings.....the a/b stocks really changed the negotiating tables........I am retired so have at it folks.....my monthly pension is etched in stone.....the union pensions are fluid and I see if their is a strike will be hard to sustain......
Nothing is etched in stone….

Frankie11

Good post! I have no idea why people would not attend a few meetings, especially when it effects their salary. It is a great opportunity to have real discussions in person. I'm trying to find my local meetings, however, I can't find anything and I tried googling. Any advice?

Thebrownblob

Good post! I have no idea why people would not attend a few meetings, especially when it effects their salary. It is a great opportunity to have real discussions in person. I'm trying to find my local meetings, however, I can't find anything and I tried googling.

Try asking your business agent when your monthly meetings are, as well as ask if he’s aware of when they’re going to start having contract proposal meetings.