What's the best part about working for UPS and the worst part about working for UPS?

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
As it relates to your job and in your opinion of course.

Best: you can work as many hours as you want

Worst: micromanagers

No wrong answers!

4evapreloader

Best: Pay after you've been there for awhile. Benefits excellent too, but 20 year olds don't need/appreciate them.
Worst: Every new shift manager having to "prove" himself. Crayons are going to end missorts forever! Bulk out! It's going to knock 5 minutes off the total preload time! Who cares if air packages are just randomly tossed in the truck! It's an absolute clown show with some of these characters.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Best was the pay and bennies. Also the respect you received from the general public

Worst by far the micro-managing which they never learned was counterproductive.

DriverNerd

Best: Pay, benefits, union, exercise, supervisor far away from my work area, working outside and alone

Worst: Don't get to see my kids much during the week. Working outside in extreme cold.

Last One In

Best: see management in the morning and since they go home at 4:30, I don't see them when I get in.

Worst: as was said above: physical toll on body. I was told last week, I need a left hip replacement. Doctor says median age of his patients is 61. I ain't 61 yet.