What's this I hear about 9.5

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
619ED9F7-6ED2-4216-B34B-5E1CACACA412.jpeg
I always wondered why they don’t throw company parties like others do
Our center had a Christmas party 10 years ago , huge fight broke out between supes and drivers ...that was the end of that. It was like a western bar fight with bar stools being broken over peoples heads.

Undertow

We're over here going out with 270 stops, probably worse than peak because the seasonals are all gone. And you have people talking about the stock price going down like the world is going to end. Meanwhile all I care about is the upcoming 9.5 change. I heard some rumblings that only a certain percentage of a center would go 9.5 not everybody.

Now that's concerning.. give 14 hours to the people that want it or need it. Everybody else can get off around 6 and have a life.

I know this place is full of weirdos that dont help so I fully expect trolls. That's fine it's funny to an extent.
Call your union steward and if he doesn't have a definitive answer for you, demand he get in touch with his superiors at the local. If they aren't in the loop regarding potential impending changes, then they aren't effective in the positions they have been elected to.

CoolStoryBro

So far I've heard:

30% of drivers are going to get laid off

8 hour dispatches for all

every driver will be required to run under allowed

every driver will run 95% ORION

every driver will beat ORION miles.

I think we can choose one and the rest are impossible.

COOL STORY BRO

542thruNthru

We're over here going out with 270 stops, probably worse than peak because the seasonals are all gone. And you have people talking about the stock price going down like the world is going to end. Meanwhile all I care about is the upcoming 9.5 change. I heard some rumblings that only a certain percentage of a center would go 9.5 not everybody.

Now that's concerning.. give 14 hours to the people that want it or need it. Everybody else can get off around 6 and have a life.

I know this place is full of weirdos that dont help so I fully expect trolls. That's fine it's funny to an extent.

Reading the contract is very helpful. Rumors are not. Everything you just asked I will post the answers below. Do yourself a favor and download the contract.

If this is trolling sorry... But not sorry. :)

Call your union steward and if he doesn't have a definitive answer for you, demand he get in touch with his superiors at the local. If they aren't in the loop regarding potential impending changes, then they aren't effective in the positions they have been elected to.

This is true to a point. If their BA isn't worth a damn then a steward is already hindered.

Screenshot_20181229-193142.png

Screenshot_20181229-192942.png

Though no one knows when the NEW contract will go into effect because no one knows when all the supplements will be ratified.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

From the turkeys to safety BBQ's to the safe driving gifts, they pretty much told every single UPS employee.. We do not give a :censored2: about you.
An older driver I talk to regularly told me the other week how sad it was how fast the company turned me into a cynical pessimist. I just come in now right at start, stand silently at the pcm go straight to the truck and leave. Phone stays off and don’t give a :censored2: about anyone there anymore. Not even so much as a thank you on Christmas Eve for all the hard work, just a make sure you call in before you head back.

davidix

Reading the contract is very helpful. Rumors are not. Everything you just asked I will post the answers below. Do yourself a favor and download the contract.

If this is trolling sorry... But not sorry. :)

This is true to a point. If their BA isn't worth a damn then a steward is already hindered.

View attachment 228400
View attachment 228401

Though no one knows when the NEW contract will go into effect because no one knows when all the supplements will be ratified.

Perfect thank you for clarifying that. I'm not 100% sure how this company operates in regards to the contract. I know in my center, it's a little bit of what the center manager wants more so than how it's supposed to be by the exact letter of the law. They kind of decide what's what and only the top of the top seniority guys bump their chest out and get their way. But all the other guys in the middle to bottom just kind of survive the chaos.

It's actually a skill to survive this place lol. Thanks for the response.

542thruNthru

Perfect thank you for clarifying that. I'm not 100% sure how this company operates in regards to the contract. I know in my center, it's a little bit of what the center manager wants more so than how it's supposed to be by the exact letter of the law. They kind of decide what's what and only the top of the top seniority guys bump their chest out and get their way. But all the other guys in the middle to bottom just kind of survive the chaos.

It's actually a skill to survive this place lol. Thanks for the response.

They don't mess with the higher seniority guys because they know the contract and are willing to fight over it.

Best advice anyone could ever give you is learn your rights and let management know you know them and are willing to fight.

If you don't, be ready to be used.

Limper

Out For Delivery
UPS stock price is in the tank. When upper management goes into a panic, they only know one word.....cut.

Are they gonna double down on Orion.....yep.
Are they gonna cut to the bone......yep.
Are you gonna get an 8 hour dispatch......nope.