What's this I hear about 9.5

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by davidix, Dec 29, 2018.

1. davidix

davidix Active Member

We're over here going out with 270 stops, probably worse than peak because the seasonals are all gone. And you have people talking about the stock price going down like the world is going to end. Meanwhile all I care about is the upcoming 9.5 change. I heard some rumblings that only a certain percentage of a center would go 9.5 not everybody.

Now that's concerning.. give 14 hours to the people that want it or need it. Everybody else can get off around 6 and have a life.

I know this place is full of weirdos that dont help so I fully expect trolls. That's fine it's funny to an extent.

2. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

I heard you and 30% of drivers would be laid off.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I heard they are really trying to boost company moral. They will ask each driver how many hours he/she wants and will only give then that amount of work . Thought I'd never say it but I wish I was back in package .

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. WorkinLateHuh

WorkinLateHuh Active Member

i heard it was 40%.

Ive never been to good at math, but as long as im right 90% of the time, who cares about the other 15%...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Kill me now

I always wondered why they don’t throw company parties like others do. All my friends have catered events at nice places and we don’t even get a turkey anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. They used to. Many many moons ago.

7. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

The turkey was a great gesture. It had minimal value, but it always felt nice to walk out with one after a hard Christmas.

Once they stopped handing out coupons and the excuses ran dry, you could really start to feel the change in how the company was going to be run.

They pretty much gave everyone a big FU.

8. Remember how many times they would have food for you after a rough winter day?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  9. Maple Grove MN Driver

I remember parties with an open bar and all the Prime Rib, Oysters and Lobster Tails you could eat.
    Good times in the 80s

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

From the turkeys to safety BBQ's to the safe driving gifts, they pretty much told every single UPS employee.. We do not give a :censored2: about you.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Or years of service gifts or retirement gifts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

No Christmas dinner catered in at my building this year. Just what some of the PT girls brought in and the PT sups were first in line.

13. We didn't have anything since Halloween

14. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

We had exactly ONE after work dinner this Christmas made by an employee.

15. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

I was close to getting that refrigerator. Once they took that away I balled up a truck out of spite.

16. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Cuz someone always winds up pregnant after one of those things

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

And I heard;

People in MN.... thought they were snorting "Real" cocaine.

Just say'n dude.

:biggrin:

18. Maple Grove MN Driver

Was that supposed to be funny?

19. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

[Insert my heavy load joke here]

20. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

We had good hot breakfasts every Friday during peak, exept the last one. I think the last one we had came directly out of center manager's wallet. On the last Friday when we didn't have one, I heard a couple drivers, all p-o'ed and bitching "can't even give us a meal on the last Friday of peak?". All I could think was, must suck to have that much sand in your vag all the time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List