Where does it all end?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yet they can't remember where they parked their car at the mall. Walking around clicking the remote listening for the chirp. ;)

First of all, I avoid malls unless absolutely necessary.

Second, I refuse to go into Walmart unless golf balls are on clearance.

Third, my really basic Tacoma (which is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned) doesn't have a lock remote. I have to actually put the key in the lock to open the door, and turn a crank for the window.

Also, the one that sticks in my mind is 323-999.

542thruNthru

Third, my really basic Tacoma (which is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned) doesn't have a lock remote. I have to actually put the key in the lock to open the door, and turn a crank for the window.

I read that and all I heard was "I'm thinking of upgrading to a Altima with all the bells and whistles."

Don't do it! Keep your self respect! ;)

pkgdriver

That's the one I remember. Dont remember the Texas or California JCP pkgs. Think the 323-999 was Forest Park GA. Maybe Scratch knows. 584-007 might have been another one from JCP if not then Lands End.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That's the one I remember. Dont remember the Texas or California JCP pkgs. Think the 323-999 was Forest Park GA. Maybe Scratch knows. 584-007 might have been another one from JCP if not then Lands End.

One began with a 6, but that's all I remember.

35years

Gravy route

Another JCP...579412 or 679412

584007 I think was Dayton's, but may have been Land's End.

Too many years ago to be positive.

Freaked out a old classmate of mine at a reunion...
He had lived on my old route that I delivered 10 years prior to the reunion.
I never saw him when delivering, but at the reunion I proceeded to rattle off his address, the color of his house, 3 houses from the corner on the south side, what type of door he had on his house, and the kind of packages that he had delivered. I still remember house numbers from a route I did 30 years ago.

He looked at me like I was a stalker.:laughing2:

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

At our local meeting today our President talked about ups staying competitive and what that meant.he said Saturday operations were here and sunday was just around the corner and I just thought where does it all end.if Amazon delivers 24/7 then we must.while I know that weekends will be on different schedules and that means no one will be forced to work 6 or 7 days I just can't help but wonder as a company when do we draw a line and say no more. Chick-fil-a competes against fast food chains that operate 24/7 and yet they close at 10pm and closed on Sunday and they are one of the most profitable fast food chains in the country.i see a future where we get 2 holidays a year, thanksgiving and Christmas day 7 day operations and whatever else our competitors do.are we ok we this?

It will only get worse as wages as driven down by uncontrolled illegal immigration. If amnesty for all illegals in the country happens say good by to living wages.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
...and that is your choice.....I happen to like my car and plan on paying off the lease shortly after I retire with part of my 401k rollover...

TBH, Dave, that remark wasn't entirely directed at you. Compared to the three other Asian manufactured (owned) cars I get to drive, Nissan build quality feels coarse to me.

But all that counts is that you like it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
...and that is your choice.....I happen to like my car and plan on paying off the lease shortly after I retire with part of my 401k rollover...
So let's see you're going to sell the only equity you have. Then give the proceeds to your kids. Cash out part of your 401k instead of letting it grow. And depend on one of the least funded pension plans in the country for most of your income...

Oh oh I almost forgot. The 401k you're going to roll onto a ROTH and owe huge taxes on.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

So let's see you're going to sell the only equity you have. Then give the proceeds to your kids. Cash out part of your 401k instead of letting it grow. And depend on one of the least funded pension plans in the country for most of your income...

Oh oh I almost forgot. The 401k you're going to roll onto a ROTH and owe huge taxes on.
I laugh every time I read some of his plans. Worst ideas ever.

How is that cvt transmission in that Altima? Vaguest automotive transmission ever made.