who cares about UPS Freight

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
We should have put layoff language in the NM and Freight agreement that allows laid off drivers from either company to work prior to any Peak hire, provided all drivers are working in their classification at each domicile. No reason why we can't use all of our talented people across the board. I'm told that UPSF slows down during peak so why not use people who already have safety training and would require very little DIAD training? (a few years ago UPSF local drivers were using Diad 3 anyways.)
I had heard through the grapevine of just such an agreement a few years ago, at least in New England for sure and possibly Pennsylvania. It was cancelled at the last minute.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I had heard through the grapevine of just such an agreement a few years ago, at least in New England for sure and possibly Pennsylvania. It was cancelled at the last minute.

Perhaps there are other concerns I'm not considering or not privvy to. I hope we work something out in the future that is mutually beneficial.

sppollock

One of the items we are upset about is the LHD division, this is a new division that will pay new Line Haul driver 2/3rd the pay to do the road drivers job. They will be paid a maximum of .44 cents a mile and $15.00 an hour when they are delayed after 1 hour. They will not be paid to fuel, hook, pre trip or for the first hour of break down, they will not get more then 2 weeks vacation, or be able to participate in the full medical plan that we have, in other words they are only eligible for the plan B, not plan A which full time drivers are eligible to pay for. They will only have 1/2 the pension benefits then those employees already working for company. They are contractors hired by UPS Freight as employees without paying full wages. They will then have an opportunity to go full time if a road driver or city driver opens up after all full time dock with cdl has an opportunity but before they hire off the street, then there seniority starts all over again.

There are several other issues with the contract, as well as the fact the I.B.T. is doing the two man on Monday 1/6/2014 and are having our meeting and a live vote in the hall on Saturday 1/11/14 and Sunday 1/12/14 and not giving us anytime to read or discuss the contract without our locals reading it to us and hurrying a vote. What about those drivers that are road drivers and out on the road, how are they going to vote?