Who supports your local union?

Above10200

Just wondering who goes to your local union meetings? Why or why not? I grew up pro union steelworkers out of rocky flats. Had too many bad E.M.S. unions! The teamsteers is a awesome union. Help me know why or whynot to be union yes? I just want to know the truth you will get no judgefrom me and I hope the rest of this board will be as open as I am!

Duckwithapipboy

If it wasn't at 10 am, on a Sunday, on the other side of town, and UPSers didn't have to sit through two hours of Fred Meyer's bull:censored2:, I'd go. Otherwise, I get my news from my stewards.

Indecisi0n

If it wasn't at 10 am, on a Sunday, on the other side of town, and UPSers didn't have to sit through two hours of Fred Meyer's bull:censored2:, I'd go. Otherwise, I get my news from my stewards.
Yea why spend 1.5 hours out of my day on Sunday to support a union that provides food ,shelter and security for you and your family for 30+ years?

I go to just about every meeting.

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
After having several hourly and mgt non union jobs and having to negotiate solo for pay, job title, schedule, working conditions I got on at UPS when I was 28.

I saw the value, power success of "collective bargaining" firsthand. It was in a RTW state yet had 100% participation. What I saw was that the "Union" was me and my coworkers. Some mistakenly believe it's the BA, or the local, or Wa DC. This is where many newer people get bamboozled. The Union in any area is only as successful as the work group there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I used to go to about every meeting but now it's over an hour drive for me.

That And I usually clash with the BA over something. Plus I always know more than him about new things like Saturday ground.

Over 70

My coworkers are garbage. No one files on sups working. Hell they work in front of the steward who's been a loader for 35 years. Drivers aren't a ton better. Everyone seems to just care about themselves and just care about the union when it benefits them in that immediate moment.

It's kind of sad.

Duckwithapipboy

Yea why spend 1.5 hours out of my day on Sunday to support a union that provides food ,shelter and security for you and your family for 30+ years?

I go to just about every meeting.
Yeah, it's just out of the way for someone without an easy means of transportation (or co-workers that want to carpool.) Even with Portland's Sunday transit system, I'd have to be on the bus, and not miss a transfer, at 8:30 to get there in time. I (hopefully) will be passing my drivers test this Friday so once I have that, I'll have no excuse not to go. :D