Why is a Strike Quite Possible?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yes, inflation is over 8% now, but you forget that when inflation goes back down, you still keep that 82 cents per hour.

So you are taking a hit right now, but should come out ahead in the long run.
Since when does inflation go down? It never has. I want some of what you're smoking.

allahuakbar

She/Her
In some parts of the country PT starting wages are already over $20/hr. Currently our starting PT wage is $19/hr. Or at least it was last week. Could have gone up. Why should PT members take a step back in starting wages?
Yes but they’re not in the contract at $20. Bro they could pay part timers $100 an hour. I don’t care. I just want you guys to get higher starting pay. I’m not arguing with you lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In some parts of the country PT starting wages are already over $20/hr. Currently our starting PT wage is $19/hr. Or at least it was last week. Could have gone up. Why should PT members take a step back in starting wages?
Let the company worry about starting pay. Union should focus on what happens after

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess with Amazon and FedEx starting their drivers at a higher hourly wage you are right. And no Union dues every week taken out of your take home.
The point is the company should worry about getting them in the door.

The union should focus on what happens after they’re employees. Focus on proper raises in tge first few years. Quickly getting benefits. How about a part time progression and top scale.

Trucker Clock

If it goes down to 2% that doesn’t eliminate the 8% that happened. It’s on top of the 8% that happened. So no the 82 COLA raise does not magically make up for 8% inflation if inflation drops back to 2-3%

The price of goods and services have skyrocketed due to unprecedented inflation.

In the future, these prices are expected to come back down.

So, when these inflated prices return to normal, that 8% is gone. We’ll, maybe not the entire 8%, but that 82 cents will cover the cost of living increase.

I know how inflation works”

Apparently you don’t.

Read on….