Why is a Strike Quite Possible?

MostHelpNeeded

Anyone have the numbers for total union employees? Interested to know how many drivers, part timers, etc. I've seen 350k total thrown around recently, but if anyone has the breakdown...

My God, I didn't realize he was this bad. I knew he was a 40 year year UPS employee bitching and moaning about being bullied, because he can't stand up for himself and gets butt hurt all the time, but holy crap....
YqQRt6HOnFXXKaRagq.gif

100%

It depends...

I like overtime. I don't want that to change. I won't vote for a strike for that reason. Noting I didn't say I wouldn't support a strike.

I spent 15 years in pkg before I had enough seniority to bid feeders(And I had 30 years with the company at the time). Every time you change classifications here, you go to the bottom of seniority. Every time. Example: I have A top 10 District(overall) seniority but top 40 at my hub(feeders). All of this is just the way it is....

Pkg car was just the way it was.....8 to 8.....20 years ago. Just the way it was. You went to feeders as soon as you could. RPCD was all there was.......we only worked a rare Sat. or after Holiday. And then, low seniority and up until the need was satisfied. Crappy routes fell to the bottom. Same in feeders now......where weekends are being worked.....right now. Shrug.

I won't vote for a strike(but will support one). Why? There has to be a better way. We've(except once in my career) always worked through negotiations. We can now. Thinking most of the strike items will change or go away.....seems unrealistic to me.

A strike will hurt this company....hard. This is bad business for the Teamsters too.

Most business's have clear pay and benefit differences between pt and full time. UPS is no exception. Pt'ers coveting full time pay seems just that....to me. Unloading trucks is a revolving job and always has been. Always will be. Pt is not designed to be a career. Destroying the company will not change working conditions. It will put everyone on the street.

Modern day delivery is very different than in 97. For obvious reasons. To compete, UPS will have to adopt those practices.

Now, my perspective is from a long time veteran of UPS at the end of my career. But, I have a vested interest in UPS thriving and continuing.
In all your years, how many times did UPS just give you something? Never! They’ve been taking every contract since 1997. There isn’t a better way. There is only one way.

Thebrownblob

It was a long post. You definitely made your point. The third page of quotes prompted the response.
I have respect for you but definitely don’t want to get in an argument. Wow you drop a sledgehammer.
I think he was pointing out some one overusing The victimhood card.

Trucker Clock

It was a long post. You definitely made your point. The third page of quotes prompted the response.
I have respect for you but definitely don’t want to get in an argument. Wow you drop a sledgehammer.

I'll tell you why. Yes, it was a long post. But I did not expect everyone to read every quote. After about 3 pages, people got the message.

Should I have stopped on page 3? Maybe, but that just would have shown that @qdg2 just complains about bullying a little bit. So yes, I inserted the spike and drove it home. Post after post after post bitching about bullying. I think there is about 162 posts he made about bullying. Let me repeat that. 162 posts.

Bottom line, this is an anonymous internet forum. So what if somebody calls you an idiot. Almost every post from him complains about bullying. And most of the posts he complains about are not bullying posts. He would say that someone responding to one of his posts, someone who his post wasn't originally directed at, was bullying. Come on. Talk about ridiculous. Someone just commented on what he posted.

I don't know why he sticks around if he thinks every post directed at him is bullying. But, if he wants to post and stick around, so be it. I don't put him on ignore because he actually has some interesting posts, intermixed with all the complaining.

So I drove the nail home hoping that he may see how he comes across here, on BC. Ignore the snide remarks and enjoy the forum. Who cares if an anonymous person on an internet forum calls another anonymous person on an internet forum an idiot.

Brownwind

I'll tell you why. Yes, it was a long post. But I did not expect everyone to read every quote. After about 3 pages, people got the message.

Should I have stopped on page 3? Maybe, but that just would have shown that @qdg2 just complains about bullying a little bit. So yes, I inserted the spike and drove it home. Post after post after post bitching about bullying. I think there is about 162 posts he made about bullying. Let me repeat that. 162 posts.

Bottom line, this is an anonymous internet forum. So what if somebody calls you an idiot. Almost every post from him complains about bullying. And most of the posts he complains about are not bullying posts. He would say that someone responding to one of his posts, someone who his post wasn't originally directed at, was bullying. Come on. Talk about ridiculous. Someone just commented on what he posted.

I don't know why he sticks around if he thinks every post directed at him is bullying. But, if he wants to post and stick around, so be it. I don't put him on ignore because he actually has some interesting posts, intermixed with all the complaining.

So I drove the nail home hoping that he may see how he comes across here, on BC. Ignore the snide remarks and enjoy the forum. Who cares if an anonymous person on an internet forum calls another anonymous person on an internet forum an idiot.
Appreciate the response. I agree with you about the anonymous forum. Point made loud and clear 👍

That's the crazy thing that the unions have done at UPS they have given Delivery drivers "the veterans" the high wages. It looks like the unions have come up with a scheme to raise the wages for veteran delivery drivers so that they could apply for the delivery positions and get the high pay rate while the newbie delivery drivers got nothing and while the warehouse workers get scraps.
Now I understand why some UPS driver in this website keeps on insisting he is making 42$ per hour. So I'm assuming he started off as regular worker than became a driver seeing how the union had raised the salary for veteran drivers and how these same union veterans and leaders became delivery drivers who got the high wages because they were veteran delivery drivers or workers. Yet it wasn't UPS that did this in favor of delivery drivers but because the union forced UPS to raise there wages.
Yeah so nope Delivery drivers are not part of the warehouse workers. Those are 2 separate type of workers working for 2 separate departments or you might say they should be working for 2 separate departments in UPS. In amazon the delivery drivers are not considered warehouse workers at all, they are in a different department. So most of the changes that effect warehouse workers in amazon has nothing to do with delivery drivers nor does any change in for delivery drivers effect the warehouse workers.
That's what must UPS warehouse workers seem to be confused because of how the union is taking advantage of them by the veterans who are apparently delivery drivers trying to claim they are part of the inside warehouse crew.
So let me clarify, the unions at UPS have come up with a scheme to take advantage of all the warehouse workers by trying to claim that a warehouse worker is similar to a delivery driver. In this way they can raise the salary up to 40$ for so called veteran drivers while leaving the pay for regular warehouse workers at 15.50$. The union members who have been a part of UPS for years than became delivery drivers to get the high pay they kept raise for delivery driver over the years similar to getting a promotion. According them its easy to become a UPS delivery driver and after checking it out myself, UPS does hire anyone to be a delivery driver.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

That's the crazy thing that the unions have done at UPS they have given Delivery drivers "the veterans" the high wages. It looks like the unions have come up with a scheme to raise the wages for veteran delivery drivers so that they could apply for the delivery positions and get the high pay rate while the newbie delivery drivers got nothing and while the warehouse workers get scraps.
Now I understand why some UPS driver in this website keeps on insisting he is making 42$ per hour. So I'm assuming he started off as regular worker than became a driver seeing how the union had raised the salary for veteran drivers and how these same union veterans and leaders were delivery drivers who got the high wages because they were veteran delivery drivers. Yet it wasn't UPS that did this in favor but because the union forced UPS to raise there wages.
Yeah so nope Delivery drivers are not part of the warehouse workers. Those are 2 separate workers. In amazon the delivery drivers are not considered warehouse workers at all, they are in a different department. So most of the changes that effect warehouse workers in amazon has nothing to do with delivery drivers nor does any change in for delivery drivers effect the warehouse workers.
That's what must UPS warehouse workers seem to be confused because of how the union is taking advantage of them by the veterans who are apparently delivery drivers trying to claim they are part of the inside warehouse crew.
1664071069740.gif

Thebrownblob

Now I understand why some UPS driver in this website keeps on insisting he is making 42$ per hour. So I'm assuming he started off as regular worker than became a driver seeing how the union had raised the salary for veteran drivers and how these same union veterans and leaders became delivery drivers who got the high wages because they were veteran delivery drivers or workers. Yet it wasn't UPS that did this in favor of delivery drivers but because the union forced UPS to raise there wages.
Yeah so nope Delivery drivers are not part of the warehouse workers. Those are 2 separate type of workers working for 2 separate departments or you might say they should be working for 2 separate departments in UPS. In amazon the delivery drivers are not considered warehouse workers at all, they are in a different department. So most of the changes that effect warehouse workers in amazon has nothing to do with delivery drivers nor does any change in for delivery drivers effect the warehouse workers.
1664071210089.jpeg

So let me clarify, the unions at UPS have come up with a scheme to take advantage of all the warehouse workers by trying to claim that a warehouse worker is similar to a delivery driver. In this way they can raise the salary up to 40$ for so called veteran drivers while leaving the pay for regular warehouse workers at 15.50$. The union members who have been a part of UPS for years than became delivery drivers to get the high pay they kept raising for delivery drivers over the years similar to getting a promotion. According them its easy to become a UPS delivery driver and after checking it out myself, UPS does hire anyone to be a delivery driver.

Thebrownblob

So let me clarify, the unions at UPS have come up with a scheme to take advantage of all the warehouse workers by trying to claim that a warehouse worker is similar to a delivery driver. In this way they can raise the salary up to 40$ for so called veteran drivers while leaving the pay for regular warehouse workers at 15.50$. The union members who have been a part of UPS for years than became delivery drivers to get the high pay they kept raising for delivery drivers over the years similar to getting a promotion. According them its easy to become a UPS delivery driver and after checking it out myself, UPS does hire anyone to be a delivery driver.
1664071571991.gif

<iframe width="1356" height="490" src="
" title="King of Queens - Fight Schlub" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>