Why is a Strike Quite Possible?

Trucker Clock

I have been threatened with banishment. Period. For all this BS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

I would have banned your ass a long time ago to make BC a better experience without all the cry baby, oh woah is me whining.. @BadIdeaGuy is showing a lot of restraint.

You claim to be bullied by anyone disagreeing with your opinion. Just go away and make it more enjoyable for everyone.

qdg2

Wrong.

Because you never stop claiming to be the victim when you're not..

You're delusional....No bullying intended.

You're the one that made hundreds of posts about being bullied, when in fact you're not.

There could be a possible strike because we are bullied. What don't you understand?
When in fact....I am...

See?

Thebrownblob

When in fact....I am...

See?
Delusional?
1664157271731.gif

qdg2

I would have banned your ass a long time ago to make BC a better experience without all the cry baby, oh woah is me whining.. @BadIdeaGuy is showing a lot of restraint.

You claim to be bullied by anyone disagreeing with your opinion. Just go away and make it more enjoyable for everyone.
Back at ya champ.

And.......my God.......you think your post's are ...."enjoyable"....wow! "Look Trucker Shlock posted......! I got to see what he'd had to say about keeping water from pkg drivers...!"

And for intellectual honesty.....you'd go to champ. Your post's toward me are textbook TOS violations.

Thebrownblob

We're at a couple pages now.....how many? Trucker Shlock(#158) has the quotes and you the psych stuff....on and on. Personal attack.....deny it. Redefine it.....

Like calling bank robbery.......wealth transfer....
I asked you a clarifying question?
You said in fact “you are”

Is it delusional or A victim?

Whither

Scofflaw
I know that as of August the top rate is $40/hour. What are UPS Teamsters unhappy enough about that you might go on strike next year? I’m not dismissing the reasons, I’m just curious.
I am sure I'm reiterating previous posts, but the strike is quite possible because 1. we finally seem to have leadership with teeth and claws (we will see, but they have talked themselves into a corner by now, so I'd guess they're serious) 2. working conditions are only decent for those of us who know and have the fortitude to enforce the existing weak contract 3. PTers have been left waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind that top rate 4. That top rate is nothing for high cost-of-living metro areas

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Technically yes, but also no.

It is a correction for high inflation. Prices returning to where they should be.

Technically yes is yes lol

This is a hilarious quote that shows prices are not expected to fall.

“Projected inflation levels over the next five years range from 2.3%-2.9%, so prices shouldn’t stay elevated as they are indefinitely,” Rosen said. “We expect to see decreases across the board as we go into 2023 and should hope to end 2023 around 3% inflation.”

2023 inflation at 3% would be 3% on top of
The 9% we are currently seeing. So that it not falling prices no matter what they say. It’s simply prices rising slower than they are now.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Technically yes is yes lol

“Projected inflation levels over the next five years range from 2.3%-2.9%, so prices shouldn’t stay elevated as they are indefinitely,” Rosen said. “We expect to see decreases across the board as we go into 2023 and should hope to end 2023 around 3% inflation.”

2023 inflation at 3% would be 3% on top of
The 9% we are currently seeing. So that it not falling prices no matter what they say. It’s simply prices rising slower than they are now.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::puppet:

bbsam

Staff member
Same thing here. You know this, but for anyone else not familiar with 22.4...try getting a part time employee making say, $16/hour to drive 60 hours a week for six days a week and since they have no seniority they'll be covering all the crappy routes, will get extra harassment because they're new and don't know their rights, and that nifty 9.5 list everyone is talking about doesn't apply to them. Oh and they get to do all that for an extra $4 an hour, which is half of what a driver of five years makes.
Wow. So a 22.4 driver is essentially a slightly underpaid Ground driver with benefits.

I honestly had no idea UPS was so brutal as far as pay goes. I knew the workload could e insane but thought the pay was commensurate.

Trucker Clock

And.......my God.......you think your post's are ...."enjoyable"....wow! "Look Trucker Shlock posted......! I got to see what he'd had to say about keeping water from pkg drivers...!"

Never said that. Now you're clearly lying to discredit someone else.

What I did say is that every building has free water. Take as much free water with you that you want, plus some.

And for intellectual honesty.....you'd go to champ. Your post's toward me are textbook TOS violations.

Red X.jpeg

MassWineGuy

As a FedEx Express driver, I wish all you the best possible outcome for pay and working conditions. Maybe if enough FedEx people quit during a strike, the company will be forced to raise our pay.

Trucker Clock

So what do you think he means by prices won't stay elevated indefinitely? Sounds to me like he expects prices to go down.

So that it not falling prices no matter what they say.

There are plenty of people with long titles after their names, like Rosen, that say different. No offense, and don't take this the wrong way, like @qdg2 does, but I have no idea what your credentials are.

And yes, I have seen some that say prices may not come back down, that they will just stop climbing so fast. Who is to be believed?

Here are just a few. There are hundreds more just like this.

Alan Blinder, professor of economics and public affairs at Princeton and former vice chairman of the Fed, suggest that inflation will not last for years.

“One day, hopefully soon, food and energy prices will level off and the supply chain problems will dissipate,” Binder writes in a recent Wall Street Journal op-ed. When that happens, says Binder, ”...inflation will fall as quickly and dramatically as it rose. We’ve seen it happen before. In other words, prices could drop all of a sudden.”

Investment research firm Morningstar gives a more granular prediction, saying that prices will fall precipitously by next year.

So consumers can expect that this year will be the worst for inflation, with prices estimated to go down by 2023, according to the latest Morningstar research.

“Will prices go back to where they were in a pre-pandemic sense? Probably not,” said Michael Gapen, the head of US economics at Bank of America. “But is there room for some prices to fall fairly dramatically in the direction of where they were in the pre-pandemic era? I think the answer to that is yes.”

When prices do finally cool off, they’re likely to fall first among businesses that sell things followed by those that do things.

“The goods part of the economy should get relief faster than the services side,” said Gene Goldman, chief investment officer of Cetera Investment Management.

Most experts say you won't have sticker shock forever. Prices will eventually go back down, but it's going to take a while.

"This is well into next year," said CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So what do you think he means by prices won't stay elevated indefinitely? Sounds to me like he expects prices to go down.

There are plenty of people with long titles after their names, like Rosen, that say different. No offense, and don't take this the wrong way, like @qdg2 does, but I have no idea what your credentials are.

And yes, I have seen some that say prices may not come back down, that they will just stop climbing so fast. Who is to be believed?

Here are just a few. There are hundreds more just like this.

Alan Blinder, professor of economics and public affairs at Princeton and former vice chairman of the Fed, suggest that inflation will not last for years.

“One day, hopefully soon, food and energy prices will level off and the supply chain problems will dissipate,” Binder writes in a recent Wall Street Journal op-ed. When that happens, says Binder, ”...inflation will fall as quickly and dramatically as it rose. We’ve seen it happen before. In other words, prices could drop all of a sudden.”

Investment research firm Morningstar gives a more granular prediction, saying that prices will fall precipitously by next year.

So consumers can expect that this year will be the worst for inflation, with prices estimated to go down by 2023, according to the latest Morningstar research.

“Will prices go back to where they were in a pre-pandemic sense? Probably not,” said Michael Gapen, the head of US economics at Bank of America. “But is there room for some prices to fall fairly dramatically in the direction of where they were in the pre-pandemic era? I think the answer to that is yes.”

When prices do finally cool off, they’re likely to fall first among businesses that sell things followed by those that do things.

“The goods part of the economy should get relief faster than the services side,” said Gene Goldman, chief investment officer of Cetera Investment Management.

Most experts say you won't have sticker shock forever. Prices will eventually go back down, but it's going to take a while.

"This is well into next year," said CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger.
You’re being hoodwinked because you don’t understand what inflation is. Along with millions of other people I am sure.

Prices will fall and inflation will drop to 3%

Those cannot both be factual statements. Because if there’s inflation that means prices are rising. It’s simple.

Trucker Clock

You’re being hoodwinked because you don’t understand what inflation is. Along with millions of other people I am sure.

Prices will fall and inflation will drop to 3%

Those cannot both be factual statements. Because if there’s inflation that means prices are rising. It’s simple.

I'm not being hoodwinked and I understand inflation.

There is actually 3 types. Demand-pull inflation, Cost-push inflation and Built-in inflation. Your talking about Built-In inflation. What we are experiencing now is mostly Demand-pull inflation. Demand-pull inflation refers to situations where there are not enough products or services being produced to keep up with demand, or supply chain bottlenecks, causing their prices to increase.

That being said, when supply catches up with demand, or when demand for supply goes down, prices will go down. When the war in Ukraine ends, when fuel prices go back down, when the Ukrainian grain market returns, when businesses go back to operating at full capacity, supply will return to normal and the current elevated prices, due to these issues, will fall and return to normal. Maybe not pre-pandemic, but should fall to where Built-in inflation would have them.

Remember when the baby formula prices shot up? Inflation at its rudimentary level. Demand was greater than supply because of a factory closure. The prices are back down now, or almost back down, because the factory is up and running. The prices will be back to normal once the factory catches up.

If you make a widget that everybody wants, and have a limited supply of them, you will charge more for them. When your supply catches up with demand, you will lower your price for that widget.

This is what we are experiencing now with inflation. Demand-pull inflation. When things go back to normal, prices will drop.

Taken from Investopedia.

Why Is Inflation So High Right Now?​

In 2022, inflation rates in the U.S. and around the world rose to their highest levels since the early 1980s. While there is no single reason for this rapid rise in global prices, a series of events worked together to boost inflation to such high levels.
The COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020 led to lockdowns and other restrictive measures that greatly disrupted global supply chains, from factory closures to bottlenecks at maritime ports. At the same time, governments issued stimulus checks and increased unemployment benefits to help blunt the financial impact of these measures on individuals and small businesses. When COVID vaccines became widespread and the economy rapidly bounced back, demand (fueled in part by stimulus money and low interest rates) quickly outpaced supply, which still struggled to get back to pre-COVID levels.
Russia's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine in early 2022 led to a series of economic sanctions and trade restrictions on Russia, limiting the world's supply of oil and gas since Russia is a large producer of fossil fuels. At the same time, food prices rose as Ukraine's large grain harvests could not be exported. As fuel and food prices rose, it led to similar increases down the value chains.

Thebrownblob

Wow. So a 22.4 driver is essentially a slightly underpaid Ground driver with benefits.

I honestly had no idea UPS was so brutal as far as pay goes. I knew the workload could e insane but thought the pay was commensurate.
It’s actually the steppingstone to becoming an RPCD now. Not a huge fan of it but we have expanded full-time employment quite a bit in the last five years because of the article otherwise many of these people would still be part time. I waited eight years to go driving another two years to go to scale. That’s a full 10 years before top scale. Currently it takes about one year to go driving 18 months to become an RPCD. So people are going to topscale at approximately half the time it took myself. I still think the 22.4 is a garbage article but it is not the end of the road. A true two-tier System would never allow someone starting at the lower rate to move into a higher rate legacy job.