Why is there such hatred between Ground and Express drivers here?

bbsam

Staff member
Fred is still the point man, and that's what I mean when I talk about "Fred's Money". I can't speak for Cactus, but I think most of realize that Fred is pulling the strings on where and to whom FEC money goes.
Fred and his lieutenants all have deep relationships with those in power. I think Fred has less direct control. There is far too much going on at any given time for one man to control. He may set the general direction and goals, but those at the top of FDX will not have widely divergent ideas concerning such matters.

BoxDriver

My life since switching last year has been better personally and professionally.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Glad to hear it's been an improvement for you. Would you say it's an improvement because of the way Express operates compared to Ground in general, or because of the contractor you were working for compared to Express?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Right. The point is that it's not MFE

Cactus how thick headed are you? It's not Fred's money that buys lawmakers. It's the company money and the company makes the most money under the status quo. It's not just Fred sucking up to Washington, it's the entire FDX corporate structure. And when you get to Ground, it's even more entrenched with vague laws, lengthy court proceedings, appeals and subsequent changes to the IC model. FDX is far, far, bigger than Fred and I bet Fred knows it. In fact, every CEO of any publicly traded company knows it.

The bit about "thickness of his wallet" is a figure of speech. Sorry 'bout that sailing over right your head.

Nonetheless Fred controls most the spending of FDX and so would his successor. We'll see how willing or able the successor is to throw money at politicians for personal or corporate favors.

Slick silver

It's definitely the way express operates, just being able to move stops on the fly and making sure someone is available to help while on the route if u are running behind. The contractor I was working for wasn't equipped to handle the stops and if I was having a long day I just had to deal with it. It wasn't unusual for me to run 10 to 11 hr days with out a break at all

Sent using BrownCafe App