Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

Thebrownblob

Some of y'all sound like coal mine owners. Well you knew we were paying you peanuts when you started? Why the hell you asking for more? Oh you guys want safety equipment? My granddaddy didn't have safety equipment in 1943 why should you have it now? Oh you want to be able to go to the doctor? Not on my watch!

We are Teamsters. We are supposed to fight for better pay, conditions and healthcare for all current and future employees. We should especially look out for those of us that are the most vulnerable.
Thats what the contract is for. If you think we should be able to renegotiate in the middle of a contract, send that up as a contract proposal.

Non liberal

When you started you got your benefits after 30 days? That's great! Part timers now have to wait 270 days. So they are far worse off then when you started.

We have a major contract coming up. Can y'all stop it with all this anti-union propaganda.
Lol, anti union? Did you not here me say that I made $10 an hr. Compared to 15.33? And all they have to do is wait 8 mos? I would’ve gladly waited 8 mos if I made 5.33 more an hr back when I started. I paid my dues bud, the only thing I’m anti is liberal. Part timers can take a freakin back seat, we full timers need to catch up with inflation.

Non liberal

Every single one of my union brothers and sisters deserves healthcare. Every single one deserves to eat. Their children deserve to eat. Every single one deserves a fairs day pay.
That’s right, full timers first, then part timers can get theirs if there is anything left.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Every single one of my union brothers and sisters deserves healthcare. Every single one deserves to eat. Their children deserve to eat. Every single one deserves a fairs day pay.

Calm down Sally it’s a part time job they are lucky to get what they got
You know any other part time job in America that has the type of insurance that we have

Whither

Scofflaw
Several things tend to get lost in the discussion re: part-timers.

1. The Teamsters allowing UPS to rely on a PT workforce and create/maintain a tremendous pay gap between FT and PT workers divided the union. Now we have a whole faction of drivers thinking they are "worth more" than the package handling peons. That's a sure sign of rot in the brotherhood.

While I agree that PTers must get more involved, as well as organize themselves and make serious demands ...

2. the same could be said about FTers. In my experience most FTers treat the union as a third-party service and aren't willing to sacrifice the time necessary to strenghen the union. I know few who even bother to read the contract, let alone enforce it. And those of us who get involved often find ourselves dealing with complacent officers who are quick to make excuses for the company and who sit quietly in the office or at local hearings while management openly insults and tries to intimidate Teamsters.

3. The PT workforce has atrociously high turnover. Management calls it churn. That's what the company wants. It is next to impossible to make a strong, well-organized union under these conditions. People are constantly coming and going. There's no time to build either knowledge or trust.

nWo

Lol, anti union? Did you not here me say that I made $10 an hr. Compared to 15.33? And all they have to do is wait 8 mos? I would’ve gladly waited 8 mos if I made 5.33 more an hr back when I started. I paid my dues bud, the only thing I’m anti is liberal. Part timers can take a freakin back seat, we full timers need to catch up with inflation.

You claim not to be anti-union. Then you
immediately take a massive anti-union stance.

Non liberal

You claim not to be anti-union. Then you
immediately take a massive anti-union stance.
How so? I’m just not interested in some lazy part timer who doesn’t want to commit to a full time job, who doesn’t plan on being here next month or year or whatever, take over the conversation when it comes to contract negotiations. You want to strengthen the union? Take a full time bid.

Non liberal

Several things tend to get lost in the discussion re: part-timers.

1. The Teamsters allowing UPS to rely on a PT workforce and create/maintain a tremendous pay gap between FT and PT workers divided the union. Now we have a whole faction of drivers thinking they are "worth more" than the package handling peons. That's a sure sign of rot in the brotherhood.

While I agree that PTers must get more involved, as well as organize themselves and make serious demands ...

2. the same could be said about FTers. In my experience most FTers treat the union as a third-party service and aren't willing to sacrifice the time necessary to strenghen the union. I know few who even bother to read the contract, let alone enforce it. And those of us who get involved often find ourselves dealing with complacent officers who are quick to make excuses for the company and who sit quietly in the office or at local hearings while management openly insults and tries to intimidate Teamsters.

3. The PT workforce has atrociously high turnover. Management calls it churn. That's what the company wants. It is next to impossible to make a strong, well-organized union under these conditions. People are constantly coming and going. There's no time to build either knowledge or trust.
No, we’re worth more then the part time pkg handling peons. There is high turnover amongst part timers because they’re part timers. They don’t want to work, so they take a part time job for a few months. The select few who stay are entrepreneurs who need benefits.

No, we’re worth more then the part time pkg handling peons. There is high turnover amongst part timers because they’re part timers. They don’t want to work, so they take a part time job for a few months. The select few who stay are entrepreneurs who need benefits.
Spoken like a true anti Union MAGA warrior. Keep it up and you will be making $20/hr delivering Amazon boxes.

Non liberal

Spoken like a true anti Union MAGA warrior. Keep it up and you will be making $20/hr delivering Amazon boxes.
MAGA, absolutely!! A thousand times yes. I am not anti union actually. At least when it comes to private business. I have an issue with public servant unions who are paid by taxpayers, but whatever. FYI, i drive truck. I can make 100k anywhere.

MAGA, absolutely!! A thousand times yes. I am not anti union actually. At least when it comes to private business. I have an issue with public servant unions who are paid by taxpayers, but whatever. FYI, i drive truck. I can make 100k anywhere.
Than go drive a truck for trump and see if he pays you $100k/yr.

boxerdan

Did you not here me say that I made $10 an hr. Compared to 15.33? And all they have to do is wait 8 mos? I would’ve gladly waited 8 mos if I made 5.33 more an hr back when I started.
Have you ever heard of inflation?

Part timers can take a freakin back seat, we full timers need to catch up with inflation.
Oh...I guess so. You just don't give a :censored2: about it unless it applies only to you.

Non liberal

Have you ever heard of inflation?

Oh...I guess so. You just don't give a :censored2: about it unless it applies only to you.
Lol, inflation didn’t hit until all these liberal losers started rigging elections and took the presidency two years ago. Don’t like the inflation? Ever heard of a full time job? Ups has a bunch of em, pick one. Why the hell should I forfeit any money or benefit just so some part timer can get wage increases AND the best benefits money can buy 8 mos sooner? Do you have any idea what it is like working full time for this company? You give up your life, forget about trying to raise children working here, it’s a joke. Why don’t you try doing that before complaining about having to wait for your insurance, lol, the Gaul!