Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

Thebrownblob

The top feeder guys are so scared of losing one place....they won't even consider it. We've got a 65 yo that wants to be the highest seniority person in the district all classifications....
I mean wouldn’t he be anyway lol? It might be different where you are because you don’t have as many feeder jobs. So many feeder jobs here no one cares about package car drivers coming in and keeping our seniority. That and almost all of them came from Package car at some point

qdg2

I mean wouldn’t he be anyway lol? It might be different where you are because you don’t have as many feeder jobs. So many feeder jobs here no one cares about package car drivers coming in and keeping our seniority. That and almost all of them came from Package car at some point
Hundreds my hub......hundreds and hundreds other hubs....we got plenty.

Nope. 42 years(here) puts you maybe top 10.

Keep in mind.....at my hub....we have maybe 2 jobs that start at say 6-7 am(2 stop 600 mile... type). What I consider day jobs.

You get a 35 year pkg driver come in and somebody loses....it may have taken those 2 guys 25 years to get a day job....no kidding.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hundreds my hub......hundreds and hundreds other hubs....we got plenty.

Nope. 42 years(here) puts you maybe top 10.

Keep in mind.....at my hub....we have maybe 2 jobs that start at say 6-7 am(2 stop 600 mile... type). What I consider day jobs.

You get a 35 year pkg driver come in and somebody loses....it may have taken those 2 guys 25 years to get a day job....no kidding.
So what,seniority is all we’ve got
The guy that’s bumping in has been pounding the pavement for 10 or more hours a day for 25 years
Your argument holds no water and frankly makes no sense

Cowboy Mac

The guy that’s bumping in has been pounding the pavement for 10 or more hours a day for 25 years
It makes sense when you put it that way, but if your local has been doing things a certain way for so long, if you were to change it up, people get upset because they lose what they thought they had. IMO better to leave it alone.

542thruNthru

Blows my mind anybody does it that way! They already crap on our Seniority enough as it is, and then a local agrees to crap on it more?
Probably have a big feeder department and a lot of outside hires. The outside hires vote and don't want some package guy with 25 years coming in and leaping them.

qdg2

Frankly you don't work here or anymore....speak of which you know.

PT Car Washer

Probably have a big feeder department and a lot of outside hires. The outside hires vote and don't want some package guy with 25 years coming in and leaping them.
Exactly what happens in my building. Off the street Feeder with 10 years thinking they are big shots and here comes 3 package car drivers with 15 years bid into Feeders and push them down the ladder.