Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It has had a degree of resistance over the last few years but nothing that initiated any changes.

I always felt to initiate this kind of change you would have to be willing to accept a “grandfather clause” for it to happen.

Thebrownblob

It has had a degree of resistance over the last few years but nothing that initiated any changes.

I always felt to initiate this kind of change you would have to be willing to accept a “grandfather clause” for it to happen.
Perhaps the only way I would feel that was a fair trade off was if we had something similar to what @542thruNthru in the west have where they can transfer anywhere in their region.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I work 60+ hours a week.....I like overtime$$$$$$.

I work into Sat. morning(shrug)(always have).....Sunday nights....life of a feeder driver.

Some runs Tue. thru Sat....whatever.

Part-timers...haven't been one in 40 years.

So, vote to strike about nothing I care about? Simply, no.

Cameras.....contractors......you bet. Those two things are the greatest threats to my job.
Part-time? Sell em' down the river so we get more! They don't vote so everyone for themselves!

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
What if the contract says you can't eat roller dogs from the truck stop?
F2E51D76-49AB-4E63-8470-C17E9063F1C9.jpeg

Thebrownblob

You are screwed because part-time as a group vote in small numbers.
It won’t matter this time. Whatever the outcome of the vote is this time, stands. Neither full timers nor part-timers can stand behind the 50% rule to shield us from the responsibility. Vote and make sure it’s what you actually want.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It won’t matter this time. Whatever the outcome of the vote is this time, stands. Neither full timers nor part-timers can stand behind the 50% rule to shield us from the responsibility. Vote and make sure it’s what you actually want.
Well more full time will cast votes so they will get what they want. Also, because part-time votes in such small numbers as a percentage, leadership doesn't fear them.

Thebrownblob

Well more full time will cast votes so they will get what they want. Also, because part-time votes on such small numbers as a percentage, leadership doesn't fear them.
I would agree with that, there is a push to get more part-timers to vote, I don’t know if it will be successful. I do however believe they will have something good to vote for if they choose to vote at all.

Theoneandonly24

Yes I would absolutely positively strike for my fellow co workers. That’s the problem with people now a days. All they care about is themselves, that’s not how a union is supposed to work. Iv always voted against ratifying the contract because of the low pay for PTers and “hybrid” drivers for package.

over9five

Staff member
I don't remember a lot of p/ts on the line in '97.
I DO remember several of them trying to drive thru the picket line to get their paycheck....