Will the trickle down economics actually work?

There is no such thing as trickle down economics. It’s a Democrat made up lie. Find one economist with that strategy. There aren’t any. It doesn’t exist.
Whatever happened to Reagans idea that the Republican party is like a big tent large enough for many different ideas?
It was replaced by the trump party and the Republican civil war.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Whatever happened to Reagans idea that the Republican party is like a big tent large enough for many different ideas?
Still a big tent. We are just getting rid of the Ryno's and swamp dwellers.

bbsam

Staff member
has trickle down worked in the past?
overtaxing big business usually backfires.
look at all the American companies that packed up and went overseas.

The opposite works.
Tax cuts encourages economic growth
That’s simply not true. Tax rates were high throughout the 50’s, 60’s and the 70’s. Reagan cutting taxes probably had to happen but the US citizen has been sold on the falsehood that taxes are evil.

Maybe if those tax cuts had actually trickled down instead of propping up years and friend corporate quarterly reports, we’d be in a better place. That hasn’t happened. Corporate America has focused their attention upon competing on Wall Street and only Wall Street.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That’s simply not true. Tax rates were high throughout the 50’s, 60’s and the 70’s. Reagan cutting taxes probably had to happen but the US citizen has been sold on the falsehood that taxes are evil.

Maybe if those tax cuts had actually trickled down instead of propping up years and friend corporate quarterly reports, we’d be in a better place. That hasn’t happened. Corporate America has focused their attention upon competing on Wall Street and only Wall Street.
Maybe I need to read more.
I read Bogel, Buffett, Graham , Krugman, Thomas Sowell , et al

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe I need to read more.
I read Bogel, Buffett, Graham , Krugman, Thomas Sowell , et al
Maybe just being honest will help. Tell me anything I’ve said that isn’t true and explain how tax cuts from Reagan on have somehow shown that trickle down economics has been good for the vast majority of the American worker.

Maybe just being honest will help. Tell me anything I’ve said that isn’t true and explain how tax cuts from Reagan on have somehow shown that trickle down economics has been good for the vast majority of the American worker.
With the tax savings the elites (including trump) could buy more yachts and mansions meaning more work for undocumented immigrants.

rickyb

Corporate tax rates have been cut in half, republicans are claiming that those savings will "trickle down" to the employees working for those businesses.

UPS will be realizing those tax breaks for the entirety of this next union contract. Tax breaks that are supposedly suppose to "trickle down" to us union employees.

So what do you think we will see in this next contract? Will the trickle down theory actually prove correct, and we will see some big improvements in our contract? Or will the democrats be proven correct, and the large corporations will keep all those extra tax savings for themselves, while not trickling down any that money to us?
no

Cowboy Mac

Try disagreeing with a democrat. They’ll get you fired from your job, kicked off social media and send the FBI to your house on bogus charges.

Up In Smoke

Trickle down to (average employee)is nonsense, it will trickle down to large shareholders in the form of increased dividends.
We've noticed that most tax programs don't make it down to the small business owner. The 50 employee threshold for most economic programs ensures that small business will never be allowed to compete with the bigger boys. Well placed regulation gives us a better fighting chance.

Over70irregs

Trickle down devastated communities and set into motion generational curses