Will the trickle down economics actually work?

Dr.Brownz

We saw first hand the past 4 years in Kansas that as the L.L.C.'s and "pass through" entities paid less and less and then NO state taxes. Those increased profits were not plowed back into the business' to grow them as much as the owners used the savings to purchase other existing companies. We saw it across many different industries. From car dealerships to health clubs. We saw a large number of medical practices change hands and "merge" including specialty hospitals. We saw many chain franchise restaurants get "absorbed" into pass-through groups which owned many others. It had become the 1%'ers welfare. Avoid paying state taxes and use that money not to create jobs but to purchase existing business' from which to get richer while avoiding even more state taxes! There was no decrease in unemployment because of Brownback's tax plan as all the states around Kansas had lower unemployment. All the states around Kansas had better recovery after 2008. And until only last year no other state near Kansas added debt at even 1/2 the rate Kansas did.

This is what I meant when I said, "The rich use the increased money to buy existing business's instead of starting new ones or creating more jobs. They buy companies from other rich dudes who are wanting to cash out!" "amassing more assets"

Your "Investment + Labor creates more wealth..." is a very, very outdated econ 101 premise

Got a question for you. Since Trump still owns well over 200 "companies" (last I heard.), AND Before moving moving to DC his daughter and his son-in-law owned over 300 companies or were on the "boards" of those companies (I suspect the "controlling officers". A better word would be "benefiting officers" IMO.) My question to you is this; what percentage of those "companies" are actually pass-through entities and their "owners" will pay 21% fed tax in 2018 when they paid 39.6% in 2017.....before the accountants work their magics. ALL WHILE NOT ADDING 1 JOB OR PAYING 1 OTHER EMPLOYEE A DOLLAR MORE! You know....TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS!

I tried to write this not combative or confrontational or demeaning how'd I do?

So tell me is UPS not creating more jobs and wealth by investing in new buildings?

Please explain how people who create jobs will create more jobs with less money.

Explain how my premise is untrue.

Not sure why a percentage matters in this conversation. What are you even on about? Almost 150,000 jobs created in December alone. How did that happen? No one invested any money to do that right!? It just happened out of good feelings right!?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So tell me is UPS not creating more jobs and wealth by investing in new buildings?

Please explain how people who create jobs will create more jobs with less money.

Not sure why a percentage matters in this conversation. What are you even on about? Almost 150,000 jobs created in December alone. How did that happen? No one invested any money to do that right!? It just happened out of good feelings right!?
How many were “uncreated” after Christmas? And 150,000? Where did you get that?

Faceplanted

Exactly

Building new facilities and expanding are creating many high paying construction and tradesman jobs. People seem to forget this

In my city we are undergoing a huge expansion on infrastructure.... huge!!!

Anybody who doesn't mind hard work can very easially get a well paying constructing job in my area. Tons of heavy ecquiptment operator jobs as well.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'll take recession over complete financial meltdown any day. All the current system is doing is constantly kicking the can down the road. You seem to care that we're screwing over future generations, but then you seem beholden to the system that is actively doing the screwing.

Just wondering how that modern monetary theory is working out.

100%

Corporate tax rates have been cut in half, republicans are claiming that those savings will "trickle down" to the employees working for those businesses.

UPS will be realizing those tax breaks for the entirety of this next union contract. Tax breaks that are supposedly suppose to "trickle down" to us union employees.

So what do you think we will see in this next contract? Will the trickle down theory actually prove correct, and we will see some big improvements in our contract? Or will the democrats be proven correct, and the large corporations will keep all those extra tax savings for themselves, while not trickling down any that money to us?
What happened in the other 20 years of democrats? Its them against us. We aren’t winning.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Corporate tax rates have been cut in half, republicans are claiming that those savings will "trickle down" to the employees working for those businesses.

UPS will be realizing those tax breaks for the entirety of this next union contract. Tax breaks that are supposedly suppose to "trickle down" to us union employees.

So what do you think we will see in this next contract? Will the trickle down theory actually prove correct, and we will see some big improvements in our contract? Or will the democrats be proven correct, and the large corporations will keep all those extra tax savings for themselves, while not trickling down any that money to us?
has trickle down worked in the past?
overtaxing big business usually backfires.
look at all the American companies that packed up and went overseas.

The opposite works.
Tax cuts encourages economic growth