Will UPS Bend Hoffa Over like in 2013?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Strike if necessary? What exactly is so bad that you would strike, plz explain.
Have you been living under a rock? We got screwed for peak and the contract that we have isn’t strong enough to hold up are 9.5 protections. If you personally think ups is going to give us a better contract for the hell of it you must be stoned. Or you are management trolling on this site, either which way you don’t have a clue what’s going on.

babboo25

Banned
Have you been living under a rock? We got screwed for peak and the contract that we have isn’t strong enough to hold up are 9.5 protections. If you personally think ups is going to give us a better contract for the hell of it you must be stoned. Or you are management trolling on this site, either which way you don’t have a clue what’s going on.
No troll here fella, you’re just a crybaby. Go find another job that pays 90k to 110k without a degree.

babboo25

Banned
Let’s say we strike for 7 days, I have kids, what if on day 3 a illness, injury or whatever, who’s gonna pay for medical expenses?

dudebro

Let’s say we strike for 7 days, I have kids, what if on day 3 a illness, injury or whatever, who’s gonna pay for medical expenses?

We had a single employee cross the line for this reason in '97. His wife needed emergency surgery. None of his coworkers liked it, but they didn't get on him too bad when we came back either, as far as I could tell.

35years

Gravy route

COBRA allows you as an individual to pay the premium to continue coverage in the event of a strike...And you can decide to do it 3 months AFTER your employer stops paying. So in the unlikely event that the strike lasts 3 months you can still decide retroactively that you wanted coverage to pay the bill.

35years

Gravy route
We had a single employee cross the line for this reason in '97. His wife needed emergency surgery. None of his coworkers liked it, but they didn't get on him too bad when we came back either, as far as I could tell.
He would have been covered under COBRA even if he did not cross.