Winter storm Grayson

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Just so you know --- the mailbox belongs to the USPS. Don't piss them off or you could find yourself in trouble. Some rural carriers are ok with you leaving a SMALL package in a box but they get :censored2: 0ff if they can't get their mail in it. We had one carrier who would take anything he found in the box to the Post Master and then the Post Master insisted our center manager get it from him. Nobody else could retrieve it--just the center manager.

Hell. I have houses I don't see from Nov to Apr. I stuff mailboxes tighter than your Thanksgiving turkey.

WorknLateHuh

i hang a lot of small stuff on mailboxes on the real deep rural stuff, but we have a bunch of drivers that can't be bothered to walk 10 feet in 4" of snow to a porch.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Nah. Got no problems with my 3 rural carriers. If it doesn't fit. It gets bagged and put by a tree in the driveway
I HATE delivering rural routes in the winter. Most of my day is walking off stops, putting packages in DR bags at the mail box, or emergency conditioning stops. I don't know all these roads and don't know how bad they drift, if they are plowed, or if they ever even get plowed. I've gotten very good at using emergency condition :)

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I HATE delivering rural routes in the winter. Most of my day is walking off stops, putting packages in DR bags at the mail box, or emergency conditioning stops. I don't know all these roads and don't know how bad they drift, if they are plowed, or if they ever even get plowed. I've gotten very good at using emergency condition :)

I'll take a rural route any day. I like 10 sporh. When I first got full time. On our city route. I barely had 110 stops. The guy who does it now. Avg day is 180. Doesn't even come out to an 8 hr day in make believe numbers land.

PhatPattheRiverRat

I knew a guy named Grayson once, dude was a tool. Now this whole arctic blast is not only cold as hell, but also makes me think of that idiot. I hate naming storms, can we just quit already?

Edit: He was not Grayson Allen from Duke, but that guy is a tool also.

rod

Retired 22 years
I knew a guy named Grayson once, dude was a tool. Now this whole arctic blast is not only cold as hell, but also makes me think of that idiot. I hate naming storms, can we just quit already?

Edit: He was not Grayson Allen from Duke, but that guy is a tool also.

I would think anyone named Grayson would be a tool------unless he was your rich buddy and bought you stuff.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would think anyone named Grayson would be a tool------unless he was your rich buddy and bought you stuff.
latest.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Swell. My son is flying out to Colorado this week for his first ski trip in the Rockies. Staying in Vail. Guess it won't be a pleasurable experience.

Yeah it will at the big resorts they groom the hell out of things all day and all night

Like skiing on corduroy

If he can’t find any good snow go to
A- basin just up the road from Keystone

It sets at a higher elevation and gets less skiers normally can find good snow there

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My daughter skied Arapahoe over New Years weekend and the snow conditions were less than ideal. Her and my son will be staying in Vail with friends and were looking for the best conditions to ski in that area. Guess you just can't fight Mother Nature.
They just might pack their climbing gear instead.:ignored: