Winter storm Grayson

MC0493

It was a fun day in southern NY. They didn't call us in until around 7. Alot of guys had already called it quits themselves and brought it back. I cleaned up the route i was on in the snow but got a different route the day after that was basically all ec. Gotta love cleaning up someone elses mess.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We just got an oil delivery ,, thank God , less than a quarter left, they’ve been behind and were due here last week , we havnt been over 15 degrees here since Christmas Eve , with wind chills below zero every nite

Covemastah

56965B3B-1E39-47DE-AD7F-59FBF69997BA.png
My buddy lives a block from the the Atlantic , revere ma, put car in lot down street to clear his drive way , this is his cah now 3 feet of frozen salt watah !!

rod

Retired 22 years
We just got an oil delivery ,, thank God , less than a quarter left, they’ve been behind and were due here last week , we havnt been over 15 degrees here since Christmas Eve , with wind chills below zero every nite

Going to be of those years where the oil companies use the weather as an excuse to drive the prices through the ceiling. I remember a few years ago when popane was like 7 dollars a gallon and they would only sell you a half a tank----meanwhile the propane reserves were not ebven being used. Meanwhile in the oil fields they burn that stuff off by the millions of gallons just to get rid of it.

Covemastah

@oldngray , that link you posted ,, that was my friends car !!
It’s been brutal up here this cold winter , the astronomical high tide was compared to the one we had in 78

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Never heard of the moon being blamed for flooding.

High tide in and of itself did not cause the flooding. High tide and near hurricane force winds blowing in from the northeast (hence the term nor'easter) combined to create the near historic flooding.

The '78 he was referring to was the Blizzard of 1978. I can recall snow banks high enough to where we jumped off of the roof of the house. We didn't have school for a week.

Covemastah

In 78 , in some neighborhoods people were evacuated by amphibious landing ducks and homes were completely destroyed in coastal NE

Covemastah

High tide in and of itself did not cause the flooding. High tide and near hurricane force winds blowing in from the northeast (hence the term nor'easter) combined to create the near historic flooding.

The '78 he was referring to was the Blizzard of 1978. I can recall snow banks high enough to where we jumped off of the roof of the house. We didn't have school for a week.
Thank you Bill Nye
You are right , but a tide could do this even if it’s not a nor’easter
Full moon and sun line up at the right time and a little wind could cause an astronomical high tide

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you Bill Nye
You are right , but a tide could do this even if it’s not a nor’easter
Full moon and sun line up at the right time and a little wind could cause an astronomical high tide

With all due respect, high tide and "a little wind" would not have caused anywhere near that amount of damage.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It will be fine but I would have the wheel bearings repacked and the brakes looked at ----and the tires will feel like they are square until everything thaws out.

More than just brakes and wheel bearings are ruined, Rod. The water most of those cars are in reached almost the top of the wheels. Transmissions and differentials will be covered, and they will have been infiltrated with water through their vents. Most new cars have a lot of important wiring under the seats and carpeting. Connections will have been soaked and compromised.

And, salt water at that. Those cars are all toast.

Covemastah

We had no school in my city for two weeks ,,, good times when you’re a 14 yr old $$$
And hanging with my buds