Would You Forego Raise In Exchange With Being Treated Better?

You've Got Mail

My on-car sup treats me well enough. He doesn't buy me lunch or anything, but he's not mean to me. Why would you want to be an ass to someone who works for you? Studies show that's not the way to get things done. He hustles me to get me to move quicker, but that's just part of the job. If I screw up with the diad or something, he doesn't get mad. The center manager seems like a nice enough guy too.

Indecisi0n

"Treat people the way you want to be treated". Want to disrespect me? I will gladly return the favor. My sups know it and we only have issues when they are in a pissy mood and I have to put them in their place.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I can honestly say that I'd forgo a raise for two years for Riverside uniforms. I personally feel like the company treats me ok as I've been treated much worse for a lot less money. I would live just fine off the current pay rate for a few years or more.

I know it's a totally unrealistic scenario but I miss wearing uniforms that were not only comfortable but also lasted a few years. I was more proud to wear the Brown back then.
I would be willing to chip in on uniforms that were not built for stick people.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Show me the money. I could care less how they treat me. If it comes down to a pissing match I will win every time. I can make them more miserable than they can ever make me.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I usually have mutual respect for our management team but sometimes a newbie on car will try the old "let's nitpick the old guy ploy." I just smile and carry on.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive got them down to when I run 1.5 late they call it a good day. But they know it is a bad route, so they just smile. Works for me, and leave me alone, which is why I like peak.

brostalss

The problem is you ask 100 people what the level of respect and courtesy is and you will get 100 different answers.

A standard level would be very difficult to determine.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Maybe the driver that delivers our corporate office. He has been on that route for 10 years and in the summer is not allowed to use their coke machine, must be in full uniform with no sweat running down his face, cant take is lunch in their parking lot, not even allowed to eat in their chef prepared lunch room or use their bathroom.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Maybe the driver that delivers our corporate office. He has been on that route for 10 years and in the summer is not allowed to use their coke machine, must be in full uniform with no sweat running down his face, cant take is lunch in their parking lot, not even allowed to eat in their chef prepared lunch room or use their bathroom.
Seriously? He can't even use the bathroom? No wonder this company is going down the crapper. That exemplifies the disconnect that exists between corporate and the real world. You should ask that driver to count how many cars in the parking lot on Green Friday. I bet the lot will be practically empty.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Seriously? He can't even use the bathroom? No wonder this company is going down the crapper. That exemplifies the disconnect that exists between corporate and the real world. You should ask that driver to count how many cars in the parking lot on Green Friday. I bet the lot will be practically empty.
Especially after their gourmet chef prepared lunch. Decisions are made on the golf course after 1 and thats why i use k y stemmed from their golfing frustrations.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you treat your drivers better because you don't have to pay the big bucks?
Depends on what you mean by "better". I will say that every one of them knew all year that UPS was hiring permanent full time in the area and none of them left for the "big bucks".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We must already "forgo" something to have dignity and respect in the contract (art 17?), and therefore it is not being followed as-is...so why would forgoing a raise change anything?