Wow ORION really is that bad

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I have heard it said that Orion is only as good as the DPS who implements and optimizes the routes. What they have to work with is crap. You can't plant roses on a pile of crap and expect is to smell like roses.
What was wrong with taking care of business first. Now I have orion(I just can't bring myself to capitalize it anymore) telling me to deliver businesses after 1900 because it has me jumping through hoops all day long.
Someday UPS just might realize that they spent a billion dollars on a program that not only verified the 98 percent of the drivers were in fact running their routes as efficiently as they could and they have created a monster called orion that has made the drivers inept.

Dr.Brownz

That's not ORION, just a poor dispatcher

You fix one problem and it causes 10 more. There are not enough supervisor chimps in the office to fix it all. Thus it gets more screwed everyday, especially if they take out or put in a route.

We get the same crap. Two drivers at the same school in a small town 40 minutes from the center. I've told management so many times I have just given up on telling them anything. It's literally to a point where morale is so low that service failure are basically ignored.

Dr.Brownz

Update: we have had 3 orion teams come through and it is only slightly better. Most in town routes are horrible trash routes now, the drivers rarely can fit everything in so air drivers are constantly shuttling bulk or sometimes a lucky cover driver gets all the big stuff. Extended routes with 40-60 stops are still the only ones where EDD/Orion are almost right. My route is mostly backwards for some reason even though the first stop is right. Got a new center manager too, big time wanker

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
20170518_171916.jpg

ORION and a dumbsh1t dispatcher provided me and another driver with a laugh today.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The ORION plan always looks good to management on paper !!!!

So did the plans for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

TD/DR VERSION
REAL LIFE HAPPENS, START GETTING USED TO IT UPS