Wow ORION really is that bad

JackStraw

I feel guilty if I run scratch or better. Kinda feels like I'm giving money away. If I'm having a good day, the anchor comes out. In the extremely rare occasion where I have a good day and don't find out about it til the next, I make sure I get it back that next day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Wally, we need a little help here.
upload_2017-4-13_22-49-4.png

What'dyabringmetoday???

I feel guilty if I run scratch or better. Kinda feels like I'm giving money away. If I'm having a good day, the anchor comes out. In the extremely rare occasion where I have a good day and don't find out about it til the next, I make sure I get it back that next day.
Excellent- nobody will ever catch on. I like your thinking.

vvv

Here's the scenario at most places. Run an hour under every day and suddenly 6-10 months later that becomes scratch. Run a little harder get it back to half hour under. 8 months later that's scratch. So on and so forth.

I think what happens is they can't have a normal day being a 12 hour planned day on some routes. And they just keep loading these guys up more and more. We have one driver that is seriously freaking out if he gets off after 5:30. His route started 4-5 years ago with 85-90 stops. He ran an hour under barely working 8 every day. Now he does 150 plus a day and runs scratch if he's lucky. Still barely working 8-8.5 every day.
Pretty much sums it up. Which is why they bought the farm with me long long ago.

iruhnman630

I had to deal with an irate customer who was told I would deliver his sig required package between 10:30 and 12:00.

He waited for me all three days, and he was ticked at me for not being there on time.

I explained to him that we do not guarantee delivery times, but he said my 'center dispatch' had promised him the window.

Im guessing somebody looked at the Orion delivery times.

Don't.

iowa boy

The best is when dispatch will send 2 routes to the same subdivision...... Retarded

The best is when you have two extended routes out in the middle of BFE and the drivers are delivering to two different houses in the same mile of gravel. And both drivers are driving 6 or 7 miles one way to make these deliveries.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Orion makes no sense as a tool to cut miles on my rural route. I use it to my benefit to follow it as close to 100% to increase my paid day and therefore decrease my stop count. When I am driving i am not lifting. Win for me.

Over 70

I for the life of me don't understand why so many stress at UPS as drivers. We're all teamsters and if we all just put in an honest hard day of work and let the chips fall where they may no one could do a damn thing about it. Isn't that the point of the union? An agreement for all?

Outside of qualifying, I don't get the working off the clock in the morning. The worrying about late air when the start time is late and your dispatch sucks. The taking little or no lunch. Loading the cab up with packages. I just don't get it.

I know it's guys who want to get out of dodge asap but it frankly screws people like me who want to follow the rules. I'll have a target and be looked at like I'm lazy or something because I use the methods and take breaks.

I'm a newer guy in my 30's and have never worked in a union shop before and can't believe how many take it for granted what they fought for. In my eyes the employees themselves are to blame sometimes for allowing things to progress to where they have.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The best is when you have two extended routes out in the middle of BFE and the drivers are delivering to two different houses in the same mile of gravel. And both drivers are driving 6 or 7 miles one way to make these deliveries.

YES! THIS!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I can top that.
ORION once had me scheduled to deliver ground packages and do an on-route pick up at a business at 10:15 AM....6 minutes before another driver in my loop was scheduled to deliver their Next Day Air.

Johney

I can top that.
ORION once had me scheduled to deliver ground packages and do an on-route pick up at a business at 10:15 AM....6 minutes before another driver in my loop was scheduled to deliver their Next Day Air.
I always gave the dispatcher :censored2: when I pulled up to a house at 10:29 to deliver an air and the split guy is pulling up right behind me with ground for the same stop after being told I got nobody to help you with air do the best you can. Then finding out the split guy had 0 airs. Yet they still make money....amazing.

ManInBrown

I always gave the dispatcher :censored2: when I pulled up to a house at 10:29 to deliver an air and the split guy is pulling up right behind me with ground for the same stop after being told I got nobody to help you with air do the best you can. Then finding out the split guy had 0 airs. Yet they still make money....amazing.
I used to love those routes before I got my bid. Zero airs. Zero business stops. Zero pickups. 200-220 resi stops

Over 70

When I shuttled a bunch a late air out to different routes, there were multiple routes with pieces going to the same address but spa'ed to different routes. I saw it, told the first guy I got to, he laughed, and took them all.