Wow ORION really is that bad

gman042

Been around the block a few times
So I had my annual ride the other day. Supervisor was wondering why Orion had me jumping all over the place and I explained that it is as it has been ever since it was implemented. I just deal with it and usually run about 70% compliant but beat the miles all the time.
So I got this wild idea that I should talk to DPS and see if we can fix trace. He says he can work on it. The result would be that I would take out even more work for less paid day. Glad I opened my mouth. Gonna tell him that conversation never took place.

Fnix

Orion first stop is the flavor of the month.

They are freaking out here about orion first stop. The other day I told dispatch I could not make first stop after PCM at 9am. By the time they changed it and updated my board it was 14 mintues later and caused me 2 late next day air.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not here...flavor of the career is loading every employee up with 230 stops whether you're 9.5 or not then whining when you ask for help...nobody has mentioned Orion here since before your haircut was in style

This one?

image.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There's something up. I haven't seen a 1 hour plus under allowed in years and that includes the young runners.
About 1/2 of the drivers in my 180 car center run bonus. Many are 1-3 hours under allowed.
I usually make 5-7 hours bonus per week and believe me I am no runner at my age. Just have very liberal allowances on my country run.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
About 1/2 of the drivers in my 180 car center run bonus. Many are 1-3 hours under allowed.
I usually make 5-7 hours bonus per week and believe me I am no runner at my age. Just have very liberal allowances on my country run.
Here's the scenario at most places. Run an hour under every day and suddenly 6-10 months later that becomes scratch. Run a little harder get it back to half hour under. 8 months later that's scratch. So on and so forth.

I think what happens is they can't have a normal day being a 12 hour planned day on some routes. And they just keep loading these guys up more and more. We have one driver that is seriously freaking out if he gets off after 5:30. His route started 4-5 years ago with 85-90 stops. He ran an hour under barely working 8 every day. Now he does 150 plus a day and runs scratch if he's lucky. Still barely working 8-8.5 every day.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Here's the scenario at most places. Run an hour under every day and suddenly 6-10 months later that becomes scratch. Run a little harder get it back to half hour under. 8 months later that's scratch. So on and so forth.

I think what happens is they can't have a normal day being a 12 hour planned day on some routes. And they just keep loading these guys up more and more. We have one driver that is seriously freaking out if he gets off after 5:30. His route started 4-5 years ago with 85-90 stops. He ran an hour under barely working 8 every day. Now he does 150 plus a day and runs scratch if he's lucky. Still barely working 8-8.5 every day.
Yes, I figured this out a couple peaks ago. I was running the peak route at about half hour under. Next peak, I ran same exact route. Same stops. Was an hour an a half over. You even look at there numbers you lose. That was the day I stopped looking at there numbers. It was years ago. Haven't looked at them since. ... it's way better. A year or two ago a sup held up there "numbers" and said "do you ever even look st these!" I said no and walked away. They got the point.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Been running an hour plus under for the last 5+ years. Guess IE hasn't changed anything in my center yet.
Yeah you're lucky. It's all just "virtual" time studies now.

I'll tell you how friend'd up it is. My center manager 8 years ago or so was getting bent over about numbers. He said I know my guys aren't dogging it and had them come in and do a center wide time study. Every route got new allowances.

center manager just knew we would gain some serious time. No way were his guys were 15-20 minutes overallowed on average.

Know what happened? We lost 24 hours of allowance as a center. Almost half an hour per route. Lmao

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I bust my plums every day...I don't run but I don't slack one bit...I've bonused twice and each time was by about ten minutes...I'd love to see these sumbitches that stare at a computer 8 hours a day run a route...in fact I'd pay to see it