You wont believe this PCM!

wornoutupser

Our center manager gave a PCM that told us not to leave the DIAD in the back of the truck at lunch. It is too hot there and they are being damaged by the heat.
The driver group began to bust out laughing and the manager did not understand why until one driver asked him "What about US?"
What is the next demonstration of ridiculous?

A

An0nym0us C0ward

wornoutupser said:

It was when you had to be told "you shouldn't be in the back during lunch if it's so hot either."

Meanwhile you're not.

You're leaving your DIAD locked up in back while you're cooling your heels in an air-conditioned Dairy Queen.

over9five

Staff member
I'm not being paid to carry a DIAD during my lunch. Of course I lock it in the back of the car. Not my problem if heat damages it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The drivers didn't design the DIAD. My battery went dead twice in the heat last week, and it was in the cab with me, not in the back. The back of my P7 hits 120 degrees by 1PM, thats as high as my thermometer goes.

D

Daddy

Stay in the back of a package car for an hour with the doors closed and see if you come out undamaged. If you follow the methods you should only be in there for seconds at the time anyway.

FEGuy

Wornout really points out the idiocy of the people we work with. "What about us?" Well, yeah, don't lock yourself in the back during lunch either.
Oh, and Over9, yes it is your problem if heat damages it after you were told not to leave it in the back.
Wow, with gems like this, no wonder our supervisors act the way they do.

over9five

Staff member
"..after you were told not to leave it in the back."

They only have to tell me where to leave it while I'm on my lunch. I always thought the safest place was locked in the back. However, I won't be carrying it around on my hour lunch. Should I leave it under a tree somewhere?

wily_old_vet

Daddy said:
Stay in the back of a package car for an hour with the doors closed and see if you come out undamaged. If you follow the methods you should only be in there for seconds at the time anyway.

Thanks Daddy

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Is this thread for real??:crying:

wornoutupser said:
Our center manager gave a PCM that told us not to leave the DIAD in the back of the truck at lunch. It is too hot there and they are being damaged by the heat.
The driver group began to bust out laughing and the manager did not understand why until one driver asked him "What about US?"
The driver's that "bust" out laughing (I can't believe it was the whole group) must spend too much time in the back of their package car, seems like they're impaired by the heat getting to them.
I'm sure the person giving the PCM would assume that you were following the methods and by doing so would be spending a limited amount of time in the back of the package car.

sendagain said:
I always stuck my diad in the ice chest with the cold beer.
:lol::lol:

over9five said:
I'm not being paid to carry a DIAD during my lunch. Of course I lock it in the back of the car. Not my problem if heat damages it.
Both Daddy and FEGuy gave a good response here. Nice going.. Wait till over9five has to pay for a new diad.:wink:

over9five

Staff member
"Wait till over9five has to pay for a new diad."

Don't see that happening, dude. I'll leave that DIAD wherever the center manager tells me to. But I won't carry it with me during my lunch hour.

Do you work on your lunch hour? You remind me of a driver I have lunch with sometimes. He has his DIAD right with him. One time, his DIAD alert goes off. He picks up the board, and says,"On Call Air, gotta go, closes in 15 minutes". Idiot still had half an hour of lunch! Never answer that thing on your break.

Contract says we get one hour uninterrupted lunch.
Put the DIAD away. Take your lunch.

tieguy

Banned
interesting position. How far do you take this position. Is it anything work related. Do you park the package car somewhere and walk to lunch. You could be bothered by a customer if you are anywhere near the car during lunch? Do you strip out of your uniform during lunch so no one will mistaken you for a ups driver and bother you during lunch? Not trying to be a smart A_ even though it probably sounds like it but I think its almost impossible to completely escape the job and isolate yourself totally from work while on lunch? The contract language certainly entitles you to an uninterrupted lunch but its not going to pay your bills if you piss off every customer that approaches you during your lunch break?

trickpony1

Over9five,

Tieguy is right!

Perhaps we should all put a sign up in front of our houses advertising that the neighbors can drop their packages off on the front porch and we will take them to work in the morning.

Oh, and by the way, you will then be required to take your DIAD to bed with you.