Before it's too late!

10 point

Beach?? Don't live by one but you got my point. No wait you didn't. Nor will you ever that's what I thought you just want to be negative. I really hope The people you support don't get in this union will be in big trouble but then it will be too late to say I told you so.
Sure. I appreciate your comments and your opinion. I listen to everyone involved and then vote my conscience.

Negative is just another point of view. It isn't life or death.
You think about that friend.

Atomic_Smurf

My dog accomplished so much today while I was at work. So much that I'm not going to waste my time listing them all. You probably wouldn't listen anyway.

P.S. its a really long list of accomplishments.

Ron Carey lives on

Its very simple what happened on the last contract. Fact: the IBT failed to file the legal paperwork for a International strike against Ups. Does anybody remember a " last best and final offer" does anybody remember a " pre- negotiations strike vote, pending an unfair labor practice" . We were on the defensive begging for scraps from the beginning till the end

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Its very simple what happened on the last contract. Fact: the IBT failed to file the legal paperwork for a International strike against Ups. Does anybody remember a " last best and final offer" does anybody remember a " pre- negotiations strike vote, pending an unfair labor practice" . We were on the defensive begging for scraps from the beginning till the end

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'll help 5Habits out.....

You're just negative!

How many contracts have you negotiated?

You're clueless.

You're a bully.

You can't be taught.

You're trying to intimidate people.
There, all wrapped up in one post.
5, take the night off and go fishing. I got it covered.

Irishman Collins

You're just negative!

You're clueless.

You're a bully.

You can't be taught.

I cannot agree more. It is the same old tired rhetoric.

Irishman Collins

Thank God you posted that. I was afraid I wouldn't sleep tonight worried you might be switching sides...
I am on the side of the Teamsters Union. For that reason, I will continue to vote for reform and I am not a T.D.U. member nor will I ever be. So I have no idea what sides you are referring to? Our once great Union is a shell of its self and the current administration simply forgot that they should stand and fight for "ALL" Teamsters. I would venture to guess that you know of people in the I.B.T. currently that would not fight the same for a reformer as they would someone who supports the current administration's political agenda. That my friend, is completely unacceptable and unforgivable. We all, are in the same fight no matter what "side of the fence" he or she may be. If you don't look at it that way. Then you are also part of the problem and not the solution.

5habits100

You're just negative!

You're clueless.

You're a bully.

You can't be taught.

At least you understand how you sound now. Thanks for getting it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am on the side of the Teamsters Union. For that reason, I will continue to vote for reform and I am not a T.D.U. member nor will I ever be. So I have no idea what sides you are referring to? Our once great Union is a shell of its self and the current administration simply forgot that they should stand and fight for "ALL" Teamsters. I would venture to guess that you know of people in the I.B.T. currently that would not fight the same for a reformer as they would someone who supports the current administration's political agenda. That my friend, is completely unacceptable and unforgivable. We all, are in the same fight no matter what "side of the fence" he or she may be. If you don't look at it that way. Then you are also part of the problem and not the solution.

Wait a minute???
Are you saying that it is possible to be Reform and not be TDU?

Ron Carey lives on

TDU, old guard, independents, members make their union as strong or weak as they want it to be. People become comfortable in a good job, and sometimes lets all get along is the way they vote for thier IBT president. I would love to see more rank and file ups teamsters rise in the ranks, they know the company, they know their tricks. Its up to us to take this union back

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

At least you understand how you sound now. Thanks for getting it.
Welcome back. I thought that you took your toys and went home.
I appreciate your spunk.

I think I get it but things change. "Negative" is just an opposite view sometimes. You can be negative and still be correct. We can be positive and be positively wrong too. There's at least two sides to a disagreement.

Thanks for standing up for what you believe.

Inthegame

Relax Francis I was referring to "side of a discussion" or "side of the fence" as you stated.
I've read of people in the IBT who allegedly do not give full effort to "reformers" (as you call them) but I don't know any of them. Maybe you could post some real life cases for review.
However, on the National IBT basis I recall hall efforts in the L804 fiasco and how only after Hall got involved did those 250 members return to work. If your point was accurate, and a political agenda was being followed, no effort would have occurred and the L804 leaders (no friends of the current administration) would have been politically destroyed. On a local level, in my personal experience I know for a fact our local leaders have been challenged by "reformers" in past elections, on numerous occasions successfully returned to work the same challengers that kept getting fired, with the same effort put forth as they do for every other employee.
Now I have nothing to base this belief on (so that should be familiar to you) but I'm betting if these stellar, courageous "reformers" you're so willing to vote for were the BA's in these cases, the grievants would be looking for work.
Nothing wrong with reform when it's needed, but to run for union office just to get out of a truck isn't reform and can put members jobs in jeopardy. And if stopping those "reformers" from ever setting foot in a union hall makes me part of the problem, I'll wear that badge proudly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
With lack of "knowledgeable" moderation....

This thread has devolved, in to a waste of space.

But, there are some valid points, to be made.

I've read of people in the IBT who allegedly do not give full effort to "reformers" (as you call them) but I don't know any of them. Maybe you could post some real life cases for review.

There aren't any.

It's a fallacy.... and, an excuse.

Just like the TDU guy from PA.

Posting (currently) on the "Vote No" Facebook page.

However, on the National IBT basis I recall hall efforts in the L804 fiasco and how only after Hall got involved did those 250 members return to work. If your point was accurate, and a political agenda was being followed, no effort would have occurred and the L804 leaders (no friends of the current administration) would have been politically destroyed.

And, that is just it.

Local 804.... couldn't handle their own business.

Nothing wrong with reform when it's needed, but to run for union office just to get out of a truck isn't reform and can put members jobs in jeopardy.

Amen.

If stopping those "reformers" from ever setting foot in a union hall makes me part of the problem, I'll wear that badge proudly.

"Reformers" talk a good game.

But, only come out of the "woodwork"....

When it affects them. Personally.

Then.... all of the sudden.... they are these "big" Teamsters.

-Bug-

10 point

With lack of "knowledgeable" moderation....

This thread has devolved, in to a waste of space.

But, there are some valid points, to be made.

There aren't any.

It's a fallacy.... and, an excuse.

Just like the TDU guy from PA.

Posting (currently) on the "Vote No" Facebook page.

And, that is just it.

Local 804.... couldn't handle their own business.

Amen.

"Reformers" talk a good game.

But, only come out of the "woodwork"....

When it affects them. Personally.

Then.... all of the sudden.... they are these "big" Teamsters.

-Bug-
I presume, with that last group of statements above, you can explain why Local 957 members "came out of the woodwork"..."when it affected them personally" and voted out the people that they felt affected them negatively personally as "representatives".

It's not about rebels in every case but it is about some folks tired of lame and dishonest representation to the point that some did COME OUT OF THEIR TRUCKS to try to do a job that would be not only new territory but would put more pressure on themselves not to fail their friends and coworkers because guess why BUG?......

Because they care.

"Big Teamsters". Is that what you call them? Petty. Very petty.

I guess you have the corner on courage.

It takes a lot more courage to come off a bid route, make less money, incure disrespect from other existing BAs as "wannabe teamsters" and learn a job under fire than it does to just allow the status quo to continue in your local.

Thanks for the encouragement. Credibility is eroding with every degrading post.