Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
It's stupid how much keeps go for around here. And how well they hold value. Yet year after year they are on the list of worst buys.

My brother-in-law just bought a new TOP of the line Grand Cherokee Limited Extra Special Royal Presidential Model 3000 XLP (or what ever they call their most expensive one). To show you how stupid some people are he had one before and complained about it constantly. His wife has him convinced that's the only thing they can pull their boat with that she can drive.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My brother-in-law just bought a new TOP of the line Grand Cherokee Limited Extra Special Royal Presidential Model 3000 XLP (or what ever they call their most expensive one). To show you how stupid some people are he had one before and complained about it constantly. His wife has him convinced that's the only thing they can pull their boat with that she can drive.
I would buy an older Cherokee classic but that's it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I would buy an older Cherokee classic but that's it.

We had an '86 XJ, and we loved it, warts and all.

But, a couple weeks ago, I got 'stuck' driving a 2003 Grand Cherokee to auction. 253k miles. I thought it would be a terrible adventure, but that thing was solid, the steering was tight, the brakes were strong and the engine was healthy.

Surprised the hell out of me.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We had an '86 XJ, and we loved it, warts and all.

But, a couple weeks ago, I got 'stuck' driving a 2003 Grand Cherokee to auction. 253k miles. I thought it would be a terrible adventure, but that thing was solid, the steering was tight, the brakes were strong and the engine was healthy.

Surprised the hell out of me.
What engine does it have?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
2013-motogp-lorenzo-hits-seagull-clinches-pole-breaks-record_1.jpg

Brownslave688

4 runner yes. Highlander no. My wife bought one brand new. Custom paint, all options etc, it was a nightmare Hated every minute we owned it. Could have bought a damn G Wagon for how much that POS cost me.....
Maybe you got a dud. My mom and two aunts have 1. None of them have had any problems in about 4-5 years.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
A highlander is a great little SUV, but very pricey. Pilot too. I'd also love a Grand Cherokee, if the price were right.

Brownslave688

Maybe, but you know how it is. If you have a horrible experience with a certain vehicle , you never ever buy it again. Regardless
Oh I totally understand that.

The wifes Mazda 6 has been awesome to us. Other than wear parts the only thing we have replaced is O2 sensors and and cat converter. You could call those wear parts probably too.