Customer concern

laffter

I didn't read this entire thread, but based on the content of the first page: If I order something from Amazon, have Amazon ship it to my place of work, then my work refuses the package, is the driver at fault for not trying to track me down?

The place at which I work is not my personal residence, and I don't believe that a marina is considered a residence either. You're essentially shipping it to another person, hoping that they will hold it for you.

If the point of contact at the business advises you they do not want this package, do you want to annoy them by attempting to deliver it two more times? Whatever decision the driver makes at that point, is not a wrong decision.

bumped

Yes, that's what the shipper or receiver is paying for. He could also have called his sup to ask first. Point is, if you read the posting, it doesn't say take all package back. Its allows for making arrangements to be delivered. He gave the customer no chance. I just think he got off on sending it back. I can read this guy like a book. He's been controlled his whole life, sticking it up a customers :censored2: or his self promotion on this site is his only control.

The shipper paid for a delivery attempt. The business(marina) refuses package. End of story.

over9five

Staff member
How about the post where his center manager agreed w what he did. That's the only point that matters

Even if the center manager is agreeing only to protect his best runner/gunner?

I just can't get past the point where some of you would RTS a package without making a valid attempt first. I've been out of Package a while, we do still guarantee three attempts right???

If I delivered to the marina every day, I think I would have the customer relationship that they would:

A. Put a delivery note on the guy's boat for me. (I can't think of any customer I've ever had who wouldn't help the UPS guy in this small way. No offense to the OP, they must really not like him).

B. Let me put a D note on the gate to the slips.

or C. I would attempt it three times asking if they got the OK to accept it yet. It's my job, I'm happy to do it.

CaptainObvious

No one has yet to make the comparison to campgrounds with an office. Do all deliveries go to the office or do you drive around to each campsite? I guess the answer would depend upon the policy of that campground.

I deliver to a RV park and all packages go to the front desk unless its something that is really oversized.

D) Fat ass behind desk say he isn't walking on down to slip 12 to see if Youhoo is in but UPS guy is more than welcome. Not allowed? Why not when probably every other Tom,Dick,and Harry is?
Run on down, post notice on boat, send box to will call.

Mandalina-Marina-a-luxury-superyacht-marina-situated-in-the-popular-Mediterranean-yacht-charter-destination-Croatia-665x443.jpg

Yea, no one would have this as an address.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You do not have the right or the authority to go out on the docks and look for a consignee. You also dont have the time. If he needed a boat part he should been tracking it and waiting for the brown truck to pull up. Im not accepting a pkg to my address if no one told me it was coming. Yes 1, I could be charged with theft, if the person then says, I didnt sign for it, I didnt get it, 2. it could be a nefarious product, and the marina could be held as responsible. Dave upstate did the right thing. We are delivery people, not private investigators. And for the people who put, (call before delivery}, thats not on me thats on UPS, they can do that if they want, Im not expected to do all that. And they dont, so why should we.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

tooner, it was a personal package (clothing). It was the same consignee both days and both were personal packages.

There is no way I am walking on the dock. My son used to work there and he showed me around a few times but I think UPS IE designed the numbering system for the slips as it is really confusing.

BTW, what is a beauty/phone/hair/makeup shop?:wink2:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just can't get past the point where some of you would RTS a package without making a valid attempt first. I've been out of Package a while, we do still guarantee three attempts right???

A. Put a delivery note on the guy's boat for me. (I can't think of any customer I've ever had who wouldn't help the UPS guy in this small way. No offense to the OP, they must really not like him).

A "valid" attempt consists of going to the address, scannning the package and "attempting" to make sure it is delivered. show me where Dave failed to do that...

He went to the marina- check
Scanned package- check
asked for signature- check
was told they wouldn't sign for it..... sorry, he tried.

The "problem" with this delivery rests with the customer who did not get permission to ship his stuff there. Sorry, Charlie.

I also find it funny that you blame it on Dave's customers not liking him. Classic

CaptainObvious

NSP the marina has no right to refuse this package only the customer that ordered it does. This really isn't that hard.

It really isn't that hard. Refused,nsp, it's going to the clerk anyway. The customer will then still have to either pick it up or deal with the marina. Cut and dry. They used an address that wasn't theirs without permission. Any of you guys keeping package for three attempts risk damage and are not following policy

Right and Wrong. Yes, it will go to the clerk either way to get processed. But the refused is going back to the shipper that night. If he sheets it as NSP it gives the clerk a chance to contact the consignee or consignee contact UPS to come and pick up.

Some really good debate on this issue......If this person was not a employee of the Marina I would have sheeted as a NSP. If there is a number on the package that is out of country (i wouldn't make that call either) it gives the clerk the opportunity to contact the customer.
No way I'm going to waste my time bringing the package back 3 times with the TOS the Marina has already posted. But the customer does deserve a chance to make arrangements to get their package before it gets RTS.

packageguy

I received a customer concern yesterday which said that I improperly RTS'd a package. I deliver to a local marina which has a policy of not accepting deliveries for boaters without prior approval. Thursday I had a package for a boater which was promptly RTS'd. I had another one yesterday for the same boater which I also promptly RTS'd. Shortly thereafter I received an ODS asking me to call the center. I did and was told about the concern. I reminded them of the marina policy and the fact that there is a sign placed right behind the checkout counter which clearly spells out their policy. I asked the marina for permission to take a cell phone pic of the sign. They asked me if the boater had given us a hard time, as he had given them a hard time, and I told him that he had and they told me to take the picture, which I did and then sent it to my center manager's cell phone. He downloaded the pic, printed and attached it to the concern. The boater is a Canadian and unfortunately they don't think the rules apply to them while they are here in the States. The concern was closed out as invalid. The evening clerk, who was also shown the pic, told me she would have loved to have RTS'd this package as well.

My point? Not all customer concerns are valid ones and you should provide your mgt team with proof of invalid concerns.

You know that you are going to get slammed this, for all your sarcastic remarks in the past, You left yourself opened to this.........................lol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Upstate did what he is paid to do. Is he suppose to go screaming and yelling into the facility for this consignee?
To Upstate, its a cheapo, store and they are arab american, its new and its a hassle. And they dont work with me. His brother on the other hand has the exact same store and hes a gem. This guy tries to take advantage of my good nature, and more than once I have been pulled into the office for spending too much time here. He wants me to write out his checks, Im not doing it. I used to, no more. I get paid to deliver, if someone doesnt know how to accept our servics, that on UPS and not me. And its the same ca, cas, ash pkgs we discussed in another thread, all this crap is going to someone with no taxes paid on income as it all gets reported to no one, its cash.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
If an apartment complex office refused to take a package because it wa actually to a tenant and not the office but said tenant forgot to put the apt number on it does that mean the office can refuse it? No!!!! It just means all the necessary information was not there to make the delivery on the first attempt. I realize this probably happens a lot at this place and is very annoying. However the only person with the right to refuse a delivery is the individual whose name is on it.

I live in a condo building. The management keeps reminding us to make sure to put our unit number on our address, as the US POSTAL SERVICE will not deliver mail without the unit number.

As it happens, we have a valet service that accepts packages for us, but that is because we pay for that service.

I agree with the OP on this one; I don't think that renting a boat slip means the marina office has to accept packages for the renter without prior notification. Consider the liability issues for the marina if some transient decides to have his pot or meth delivered to the office.

DorkHead

I can`t believe I read all 14 pages of this thread and it keeps going and going like the energizer bunny!!
Upstate did the correct procedure and provided his center manager with proof of why the Marina doesn`t accept pkg`s they didn`t order. Concern was closed as INVALID. END OF STORY.

iowa boy

I think upstate did the right thing. To me, a refusal to sign is a refused package. Its not the marinas job to accept any packages but their own.