his/her straight day’s pay for the holiday plus eight (8) hours at double

his/her straight time hourly rate, and is required to work beyond the

eight (8) hours on the holiday, shall receive triple his/her straight time

hourly rate for each hour worked in excess of eight (8) hours. If a

holiday falls on Sunday and is celebrated on Monday, Monday shall

be considered as the holiday. In any week in which a holiday falls,

overtime shall commence after eight (8) hours daily and thirty-two

(32) hours weekly, except where the holiday is worked or falls on

Saturday. At no time shall overtime be pyramided.
Part Time is 1/2 of FT Gurantee

Call in eff em. But where I'm at they can't make you use a day on Saturdays guess others they can. Everyone will be working 7 days a week if we keep giving into them.

BostonBo

We had some high seniority guys forced onto the Saturday list, but no RTD guys. We asked if the RTD guys were working Friday, were told yes, and then we asked why couldn't RTD guys work Saturday, too, then. Less than an hour later, I was texted that I was no longer needed to work on Saturday. Yes!

35years

Gravy route
Any employee who is required to work on the holiday shall receive

his/her straight day’s pay for the holiday plus eight (8) hours at double

his/her straight time hourly rate, and is required to work beyond the

eight (8) hours on the holiday, shall receive triple his/her straight time

hourly rate for each hour worked in excess of eight (8) hours.

Wow, is that triple time one of those special 804 rules?

El Correcto

god is dead
fat_cat.jpg

I'll be working Friday and Saturday for the rest of peak. If I have hours left.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
We get time and a half Friday and that's it. Why is our union so weak? It's a company holiday that were working that should be 8 hours holiday pay plus double time for hours worked. Glad they take my 80 bucks a month and do nothing to help me.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Call in eff em. But where I'm at they can't make you use a day on Saturdays guess others they can. Everyone will be working 7 days a week if we keep giving into them.
Uh, if you're going to call in, why not take time and a half Saturday and then call in Monday? Probably break even on the money and work less hours.

Steward773

Section 2 - Work Day and Work Week

(a) Work Day: All employees shall be guaranteed eight (8) hours’ work each day they are ordered to report to work.

(b) Daily Overtime: All employees shall be paid the applicable overtime rate of time and one-half (1-1/2) for all time worked in excess of eight (8) hours per day.

(c) Work Week: A work week shall consist of forty (40) hours for all employees. The applicable overtime rate of time and one-half (1-1/2) shall be paid for all time worked in excess of forty (40) hours in a work week. The work week for these employees shall be worked in five (5) consecutive days.

(d) Feeder runs established after August 1, 1993 may be established as four (4) ten (10) hour days. In such cases, holidays, sick days, funeral leave and jury duty pay will be paid on a ten hour basis.

By The Book

We get time and a half Friday and that's it. Why is our union so weak? It's a company holiday that were working that should be 8 hours holiday pay plus double time for hours worked. Glad they take my 80 bucks a month and do nothing to help me.
I'm sure that there are somethings that are better in your contract than theirs. Double time and a half is better than some if you work on a holiday. You can't expect to have the best from each areas contract. Maybe it bothers you more because your not at top scale?, because 52 an hour is appreciated here.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'm sure that there are somethings that are better in your contract than theirs. Double time and a half is better than some if you work on a holiday. You can't expect to have the best from each areas contract. Maybe it bothers you more because your not at top scale?, because 52 an hour is appreciated here.
If it's listed as a UPS holiday in my contract then I should be paid double time for working a holiday...plus 8 hours of holiday pay...is that right or wrong? Hell I might be wrong but that's how I understood what I read

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If it's listed as a UPS holiday in my contract then I should be paid double time for working a holiday...plus 8 hours of holiday pay...is that right or wrong? Hell I might be wrong but that's how I understood what I read

Central is 8hrs holiday and double time for all hours worked. So basically triple time for the first 8 double after that.