Making us work Saturday... Thoughts?

Box Ox

$$. Buy yourself a nice toy with all that cash if it'd help.

ddefc28f675c67cff64bdb1f9730746f_400x400.png

davidix

Why do part timers think they have to come in on saturday?

They can force you all they want but all you have to say is that you work another job on saturday. I worked Saturday one time only because I had nothing else going on that day.

I just laughed at my sup when he said I had to come in.. $11 bucks an hour part time job lol.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
We are not forced, worked 5 hours yesterday. Easy work=easy money. Now of course on Monday I will probably end up with 60 stops from some other route that did not go out on saturday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are not forced, worked 5 hours yesterday. Easy work=easy money. Now of course on Monday I will probably end up with 60 stops from some other route that did not go out on saturday

...and that's the problem....I recall a few years ago I came in on a "voluntary" Saturday and busted my butt to get rid of as many stops as I could.....came back in and told my boss that I did not want my efforts wasted by getting a ton of stops off of a run where the driver chose not to come in.....I was pleasantly surprised when he honored my "request" and I had a very good day on Monday...

They asked me to work saturday, said no quick. I've been there for a year and 4 months. I've been hearing that i really don't have to come in the day after thanksgiving, and still will be getting paid if i show or don't.

In my local they bluffed working this past Sunday as mandatory. Didn't go in Friday after thanksgiving nor Sunday. :gunsmilie

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
And a continuation from my previous post, now that they decided to screw me Monday they will now not get my services for Saturday. Monday 3/4 of drivers were in under 8 hours, I got to work 11 1/2 because I had to go help a milker