Police Brutality & Executions

542thruNthru

So what do you do?

You have a student that is disrupting the class and won't leave no matter what you say.

Seriously what do you do? Do you let the student just sit there and continue to hold the class room hostage so to speak?

How do you remove a student that doesn't want to be moved? To me it's clear in the video she struggles in the beginning when the officer tries to stand her up out of the chair to leave. So what then? Does he stop and just look at the teacher and say "we'll class is over in another 30 min she is your problem till then"

Did it look violent? Yes, but doesn't every struggle look violent when 2 people are trying to stop the other from doing something?

To the people that think this guy was out of line by physically removing this student please tell me how you would have gotten the student to leave the class room. I am honestly curious.

Sportello

So what do you do?

You have a student that is disrupting the class and won't leave no matter what you say.

Seriously what do you do? Do you let the student just sit there and continue to hold the class room hostage so to speak?

How do you remove a student that doesn't want to be moved? To me it's clear in the video she struggles in the beginning when the officer tries to stand her up out of the chair to leave. So what then? Does he stop and just look at the teacher and say "we'll class is over in another 30 min she is your problem till then"

Did it look violent? Yes, but doesn't every struggle look violent when 2 people are trying to stop the other from doing something?

To the people that think this guy was out of line by physically removing this student please tell me how you would have gotten the student to leave the class room. I am honestly curious.

You take the class out of the room.

That is what is usually done. Is it ideal? No. It does diffuse the situation and lets peer pressure take care of it in the future.

Some kids are in school because they want to learn and better themselves. They'll handle it.

Getting a 'roided up cop (yes, I'm assuming), to smack down a child serves no one's purpose.

542thruNthru

You take the class out of the room.

That is what is usually done. Is it ideal? No. It does diffuse the situation and lets peer pressure take care of it in the future.

Some kids are in school because they want to learn and better themselves. They'll handle it.

Getting a 'roided up cop (yes, I'm assuming), to smack down a child serves no one's purpose.

I've never heard of that being done but ok that is one way I guess.

So the student gets her way and the kids that are there to learn now go walking around the school with the teacher or to the gym to sit and do nothing for the rest of class.

What happens when the student doesn't feel like leaving when it's time for the next class? She already knows she is in big trouble and loves the attention and reaction she is causing.

MAKAVELI

The article I read said it was a combination of both black and white students who walked out in support of the fired deputy. That should give you an idea of what the rest of the student body thought of Ms. Don't tell me what to do.
If you were a teenager who lost their mother and grandmother in the same month and now in a foster home, you might be disruptive as well. Maybe a little compassion and less judgment is in order for this young lady.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you were a teenager who lost their mother and grandmother in the same month and now in a foster home, you might be disruptive as well. Maybe a little compassion and less judgment is in order for this young lady.

Refusing to quit texting and fighting with a teacher and a cop is a funny way to grieve. If she was that broke up why not just excuse yourself and leave the room to continue. Your making excuses to justify her actions isn't helping her cause. Apparently her mother didn't win any awards for raising a daughter to respect others.

MAKAVELI

Refusing to quit texting and fighting with a teacher and a cop is a funny way to grieve. If she was that broke up why not just excuse yourself and leave the room to continue. Your making excuses to justify her actions isn't helping her cause. Apparently her mother didn't win any awards for raising a daughter to respect others.
Who are you to tell anyone how to grieve? Refusing to stop texting is no reason to get beat down by a cop. She is a child who lost her family. Get it? No you probably don't and never will.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Who are you to tell anyone how to grieve. Refusing to stop texting is no reason to get beat down by a cop. She is a child who lost her family. Get it? No you probably don't and never will.

So civil disobedience is ok if you are grieving? P.S. that was no where near a "beat down".

MAKAVELI

So civil disobedience is ok if you are grieving? P.S. that was no where near a "beat down".
She wasn't breaking any law. And if you can't have compassion for someone in her circumstances, there really is no point in discussing this story with you. The cop clearly abused his authority and is now unemployed because of his actions. Hopefully other school resource officers can learn from this. Control your anger and keep your hands off the students unless a crime is committed or someone's safety is at risk.

MAKAVELI

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...-deputy-ben-fields-arrested-article-1.2414716
In his press conference announcing the termination, SHERRIFF Leon Lott, who has overseen the department for nearly 20 years, made it clear that the student who was assaulted did not pose any danger to the deputy or the students and that Fields VIOLATED multiple policies, his training, and the use of force continuum when he brutally tossed the young girl around like a rag doll.

KING: DEPUTY BEN FIELDS SHOULD'VE BEEN FIRED IMMEDIATELY
At the news conference, Sheriff Lott shockingly doubled down on the criminal charges levied against the student who was assaulted and the student who stood up for her in class. Neither student did anything to warrant criminal charges. Disrupting class cannot be a crime. However, if it is a crime, nobody was more physical and more disruptive and did more harm that day than Deputy Ben Fields.

If it is true that he violated his training and multiple policies in his outrageous use of force against this girl, he should immediately be arrested for assault. It cannot be the case that everyone who sees this video, including the sheriff himself, is disgusted at the brutality of it all, but Ben Fields gets to avoid any criminal consequence for it. What he did was not just wrong, it was criminal.

Arrest Ben Fields.

Last edited:

newfie

She wasn't breaking any law. .

she was disrupting the education of those students who were there to learn. disturbing the peace? when told to leave the classroom that turns into trespassing when she refuses. when she fails to follow that police officers instructions that too is a violation of law, and lastly when he finally goes to remove her and she hits him that too is breaking the law.

my difficulty with showing the compassion you ask for is I as a kid her age would never ever in my wildest dreams dared to not only disobey an administrator but a police officer.

MAKAVELI

she was disrupting the education of those students who were there to learn. disturbing the peace? when told to leave the classroom that turns into trespassing when she refuses. when she fails to follow that police officers instructions that too is a violation of law, and lastly when he finally goes to remove her and she hits him that too is breaking the law.

my difficulty with showing the compassion you ask for is I as a kid her age would never ever in my wildest dreams dared to not only disobey an administrator but a police officer.
And in your wildest dreams did you lose your mother and grandmother and forced into a foster home?

newfie

And in your wildest dreams did you lose your mother and grandmother and forced into a foster home?

that's an excuse for when she goes to court.
at the time she was disrupting the education of others, physically refusing multiple instructions to leave and physically resisting removal.

trickpony1

Didn't know it was a cop's main job to beat the smile* out of a little girl sitting in the desk.

If the girl was that distressed maybe she shouldn't have been in school that day or for several days for that matter.

She and/or the school could have sought resources to help mitigate her distress and guide her grieving.

Why is it always the "other persons" fault?