Those moments!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That moment when you have a signature required over 70 and knock on the door then ring one of those doorbells that have an integrated camera. A strange voice comes out of the speaker and says "I'm not at home but I can see you."

WTF?

So what do you do at that point? Do you get his/her permission to sign the board and leave the package or do you insist that it be signed for by the consignee in person?

I would ask for permission to sign on their behalf and note that in the remarks.

Overpaid Union Thug

So what do you do at that point? Do you get his/her permission to sign the board and leave the package or do you insist that it be signed for by the consignee in person?

I would ask for permission to sign on their behalf and note that in the remarks.

In person means exactly that. I will not forge a signature. Unless the person is physically incapable of signing (literally..... not just an inconvenience) but even then they must actually be there. In those cases I write "Incapable of signing" (or something similar) on the signature pad but type their last name as usual afterwards. Talking to someone through a speaker is not a substitute for them actually being there. The best way to cover one's ass is to not break the rules. ;)

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
The old printing on the back of a del. notice said: The driver must obtain a signature and then hand the pkg. to that person. It was not ambiguous wording.

Mr.Golden

You: hello! I need your signature for this pkg.
Customer: sure, no problem
You: your last name?
Customer: B-R-O-W-N

Wondering to yourself why the customer spelled out a simple last name? Like how can u misspell that or what other ways can u spell brown?

Mr.Golden

In person means exactly that. I will not forge a signature. Unless the person is physically incapable of signing (literally..... not just an inconvenience) but even then they must actually be there. In those cases I write "Incapable of signing" (or something similar) on the signature pad but type their last name as usual afterwards. Talking to someone through a speaker is not a substitute for them actually being there. The best way to cover one's ass is to not break the rules. ;)

I have to agree with overpaid because that can go both ways. Even though u are asking permission from the customer through via doorbell for you to sign a pkg is not good enough. If the customer didn't have the doorbell video and not home would u call the customer for permission to sign the pkg?
Also the video that records u outside doesn't have audio when the customer plays it back so the customer can say that you sign the signature req pkg without knowledge and/or consent and say the pkg was stolen

S

selfcancelsignal

I don't get the black smoke, have a brand new gas p800.
Must be nice. I love covering routes that have these PC's. If you want some tunes, quiet enough to just play your phone all friggin day. The 2 in our center have really squeaky brakes though.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Man today I almost poop in my pants....I pull up to a resi stop got the pkg, deliver it and as I walked back to the PC.....BOOM!!! Lighting struck a tree less than 50 yards from me...it wasn't raining or dark and thundering which was weird
You've never heard of a warning shot?

Mr.Golden

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439401249.245221.jpg

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439401278.577447.jpg

onewithedd

We we told months ago by our new boss things would get better! When? In reality it has gotten worse!!! Way worse!! If I ran my life the way our center was run I'd be bankrupt!!

9.5er

9 45 pound boxes you ask her where she wants them first, garage, front door , etc , that way if she says she dosnt want them , or needs them in a certain spot , or refuses them you haven't unloaded them yet.
Ok, Einstein. She Actually did say at first to bring them to the front door. It wasn't til I was done lugging them all to the steps that she figured out they were the wrong order. She was looking for baseball uniforms and these were hockey uniforms. Upon further inspection this order was supposed to go NY or something.
Easiest thing to do at that point was to RTS them.