Upstate Got Hit By A Car

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Too bad, here I thought we were finally getting to the point of at least having a conversation instead of just disliking each others posts. People like you will never learn I guess about the importance of working "with" your fellow drivers. I'm sorry your methods are so deeply enshrined in your daily rituals. Some day you'll be crawling up the steps to get into your truck and you'll wonder what the hell happened to your body. Runners can't keep up the pace forever, especially if they are not getting well nourished by having a break and good food at the prescribed time of the day. Good luck in staying healthy.

Thanks for you concern. You would be surprised as to how well I work with the fellow drivers in my loop. Just because I don't stop until 3:45 doesn't mean I don't eat before then.

Squint

No more work for me!
Guys, I've been here since 2007----you should know by now I am not going change my methods based on tips from strangers on an anonymous Internet forum.

Still doesn't make them right. You've been doing them wrong so long they are part of you.

And again, you alienate the new members like we have nothing to offer. I worked 30 years at UPS; worked from loader for 5 1/4 years to driver for almost 17 years; then hub clerk; overgoods clerk; then customer counter to finish out my career. Believe me when I say I've seen it all.

Again, my name is Squint...how do you do Upstate? If you like I could shoot you my email in a PM so we can converse and get to know one another so you don't feel as though you are talking to a "stranger" as you so aptly applied to me.

FilingBluesFL

More money could get someone to dust that off for you. ;)

There's a cute young girl that was standing on the street corner a couple times on one of the routes I was doing.

She had a sign up that said "Short on rent."

I wanted to offer her to come do some cleaning around my house for some $$$ lol

I would even provide the French Maid outfit for her!!! :funny:

wayfair

swollen member
The service is provided when we make one attempt on the first day; that is what we agreed with the shipper to provide. If the package is really important to them, they will have the check ready when I arrive.
After all, they know that they placed a COD order, they know that payment is required upon delivery. No money; not my problem.
(this is for certified funds/money order/cashiers check)
I've had a few customers that have asked if I could come back... I say sure, I'll be here tomorrow.

a few have asked where I'll be at so and so time, if they could meet me.. I normally tell them when my first pickup is and where.

I've had a few ask for my cell number.. sorry I don't give out my number

you have to train your customers , not them training you

last time I ordered pizza I had to pay when the driver got here the first time, it was the right thing to do

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If the package is really important to them, they will have the check ready when I arrive.
After all, they know that they placed a COD order, they know that payment is required upon delivery. No money; not my problem.

Wrong. Especially with dress shops. They place orders with their vendors that often will take weeks to months to arrive and with some vendors they have no clue they've even shipped. It's beyond the consignee's control. You continue providing the bare minimum--I'll take care of the customers who appreciate the couple extra minutes it takes to provide great service.

Wrong. Especially with dress shops. They place orders with their vendors that often will take weeks to months to arrive and with some vendors they have no clue they've even shipped. It's beyond the consignee's control. You continue providing the bare minimum--I'll take care of the customers who appreciate the couple extra minutes it takes to provide great service.

Plus chicks at bridal stores, dress shops, fitness centers tend to be cute so that's when you stop and work on your customer interaction.

Play ding dong ditch with the fat guy at the video game store.