Upstate Got Hit By A Car

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The service is provided when we make one attempt on the first day; that is what we agreed with the shipper to provide. If the package is really important to them, they will have the check ready when I arrive.
After all, they know that they placed a COD order, they know that payment is required upon delivery. No money; not my problem.

That would be the minimum level of service required.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Plattsburg PD finally released the photos of the car that hit Dave

IMG_0797.jpg

Dave went to work the next day ! :nonono::nonono::nonono: lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were always told if you find yourself in this situation then that's when you should be taking your lunch.

So rather than never getting done I would be 45 minutes later than that?

I take my lunch normally between 3:45-4:30pm. That works best for me and my customers. My cover drivers can do whatever they want but that it what works for me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If I didn't make wholesale/business stops between noon and 1 I would never get done.

Then your dispatch needs to be adjusted.
Instead, you come in early and massage your load, take your lunch outside the prescribed contractual window if at all, and help facilitate the overdispatching of your route.
Guys like you are your own worst enemy.

Squint

No more work for me!
So rather than never getting done I would be 45 minutes later than that?

I take my lunch normally between 3:45-4:30pm. That works best for me and my customers. My cover drivers can do whatever they want but that it what works for me.

You can't tell me you have NO retail on your route. You could break away and do some of the retail between the 12 to 1 hours. You've told us that your route is 10 minutes away from the building so you mean to say that your whole route is ALL wholesale? You're still not following contractual agreements by taking your lunch so late either. In my Local, we were told to be done with our lunch by 1500 hrs. Don't know why your local could be so much different being that we delivery/delivered in the same part of the country (no more than 400 miles apart).

You are part of the problem by not following procedures. You make it hard for all the people who work around you and fill in for you when you go on vacation. I surely hope you really aren't working "off the clock" as some say on this forum by going up to your truck and sort your load. Again, in my old Local, we were told by management that anything other than going to your truck to put your personal belongings (i.e. lunch, rain jacket, extra clothing) is a big NO NO. Runner/gunners think they have the rule of the roost. You are only hurting yourself.

Squint

No more work for me!
Time to dust this one off------yawn.

Too bad, here I thought we were finally getting to the point of at least having a conversation instead of just disliking each others posts. People like you will never learn I guess about the importance of working "with" your fellow drivers. I'm sorry your methods are so deeply enshrined in your daily rituals. Some day you'll be crawling up the steps to get into your truck and you'll wonder what the hell happened to your body. Runners can't keep up the pace forever, especially if they are not getting well nourished by having a break and good food at the prescribed time of the day. Good luck in staying healthy.