Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
It's stupid at my hub. We just had a 5 year Box line employee quit because of the bs right before peak. She was a bad ass too. Ran circles around everyone including myself. Sups are quitting left and right.

I literally asked to be taken off the box line the other day and the sup said I wish I could help you but Friday is my last day.

The person that trained me while I was attempting to drive is gone as well.

All while the center manager is running around threatening to fire people if they don't show up on time.

Ups needs to figure out something because what they have been doing isn't working anymore.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
working at UPS makes me uncool and unbad-ass

someone asks me what I do for a living, it takes around 6 or 7 answers to get to UPS

"I work in a warehouse" "yeah, i ship orders" "for a large company" "I'm a menial union worker" etc.

I snicker at the ones who think they're something special...we all see them every day, some recognize it more than others. Usually feeder drivers, package drivers, and low-end dead-end sups like Frigid and TIR. It amazes me how differently people view themselves and their situations

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
working at UPS makes me uncool and unbad-ass

someone asks me what I do for a living, it takes around 6 or 7 answers to get to UPS

"I work in a warehouse" "yeah, i ship orders" "for a large company" "I'm a menial union worker" etc.

I snicker at the ones who think they're something special...we all see them every day, some recognize it more than others. Usually feeder drivers, package drivers, and low-end dead-end sups like Frigid and TIR. It amazes me how differently people view themselves and their situations

When I first started driving I loved bragging about it to my friends and Co workers from my 2nd job because of the starting pay etc. When they asked me why it didn't work out I would explain to them what was expected and how I was treated and they would agree with my decision to resign and seek something else.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
When I first started driving I loved bragging about it to my friends and Co workers from my 2nd job because of the starting pay etc. When they asked me why it didn't work out I would explain to them what was expected and how I was treated and they would agree with my decision to resign and seek something else.
this is good to hear

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's stupid at my hub. We just had a 5 year Box line employee quit because of the bs right before peak. She was a bad ass too. Ran circles around everyone including myself. Sups are quitting left and right.

I literally asked to be taken off the box line the other day and the sup said I wish I could help you but Friday is my last day.

The person that trained me while I was attempting to drive is gone as well.

All while the center manager is running around threatening to fire people if they don't show up on time.

Ups needs to figure out something because what they have been doing isn't working anymore.

Oh, so you washed out as a driver

But. Now you want to bash drivers because you couldn’t cut it

I see where your coming from now

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

P*

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, to me, it'd have to pay $50/hr to be worth it - along with one 8-hour request per week. Not that ~$36 is poor pay, it's a good pay for the resume, aptitude and skills required. But I was a top-rate driver for a short time and found that money doesn't trump b.s.

I'll just work inside for $30/hr 8-9 hours and not be the "face of the company", which is embarrassing at this point.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Oh, so you washed out as a driver

But. Now you want to bash drivers because you couldn’t cut it

I see where your coming from now

Please highlight where I bashed drivers.

Drivers are hard workers that are treated as a liability by the company they work for. Nobody deserves the :censored2: we go through at ups.

Except maybe you. :censored2:

IESucks

Two of the options I listed include working toward a pension. Even if you walk away, you can still get your pension if you're vested, just have to wait. My point is that whatever you choose to do, you have to own the choice, and the consequences. I hate when people say "if you don't like it, leave", and that's not what I'm suggesting. I understand why someone who has more than just a short time in wouldn't want to leave, nor feel like they should have to.

How many years in? Or 'til retirement? I've got over ten in, my user name is a hint as to how long I've got until I can retire. If I'm still working for UPS at that point, I screwed something up.[/QUOTE
Two of the options I listed include working toward a pension. Even if you walk away, you can still get your pension if you're vested, just have to wait. My point is that whatever you choose to do, you have to own the choice, and the consequences. I hate when people say "if you don't like it, leave", and that's not what I'm suggesting. I understand why someone who has more than just a short time in wouldn't want to leave, nor feel like they should have to.

How many years in? Or 'til retirement? I've got over ten in, my user name is a hint as to how long I've got until I can retire. If I'm still working for UPS at that point, I screwed something up.[/QUOTE
Tldr
Tldr

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Alabama is about to wreck auburn y’all....we know our job sucks...no need for a thread about it.....happy peak everyone! This message brought to you by 6am jim beam shots