2022 step increase

floridays

Lol...ok. What do you mean my contribution?
I could be wrong, it's just my guess there was some spousal income, an inheirtance, or some other hole of cash you fell into that made the retirement possible.

It's highly unlikely you retired solely on your on your 22 yrs. and scratch from Fedex.

I ask again,

What's the rest of the story?

You may have retired from Fedex, without other contributions, you aren't retired.

paul harvey rest of the story.jpg
?

McFeely

Huge Member
It's highly unlikely you retired solely on your on your 22 yrs. and scratch from Fedex.
If he retired at 55 with 22 years of service, it could be that he stashed quite a bit away from age 18-33 and it grew to a nice retirement. Just sayin’ (because that’s also true for me).

I’m not 55, but my goal is to retire in that range if I can.

Nolimitz

I could be wrong, it's just my guess there was some spousal income, an inheirtance, or some other hole of cash you fell into that made the retirement possible.

I ask again,

You may have retired from Fedex, without other contributions, you aren't retired.

View attachment 394805?
And what business is of yours to stick your snout into?

floridays

If he retired at 55 with 22 years of service, it could be that he stashed quite a bit away from age 18-33 and it grew to a nice retirement. Just sayin’ (because that’s also true for me).

If you are suggesting a kid at 18 might still live with his parents or in any other form had no bills, I can see that.
If he was married at the time 18-33 and they lived off one income, and were childless, I may still say it's possible. The last scenario does include a spouse or other income.
Understand at most he had 7-8 years under the traditional pension, no huge monthly benefit.

I've stepped in :poop: enough to know what it smells like, I smell it here.

Precisely the reason I asked for the rest of the story.

floridays

And what business is of yours to stick your snout into?
Not my business,

Do you bitch about Fedex?

Do you know of anyone in that time period that can attribute what he claims to humping boxes or docs for fedex?

Yes or No?

You stepped in a pile you might want to back out of.

Nolimitz

Not my business,

Do you bitch about Fedex?

Do you know of anyone in that time period that can attribute what he claims to humping boxes or docs for fedex?

Yes or No?

You stepped in a pile you might want to back out of.
your the one making assumptions, i could not give a rat :censored2: regarding his post. Step in your own pile of S__t

floridays

You got a wife contributing?

I know, we both know on fedex alone you will not retire at 55 on what you make there, without some other contribution.

Fact.

Have your go at me @Nolimitz.

Nolimitz

I know, we both know on fedex alone you will not retire at 55 on what you make there, without some other contribution.

Fact.

Have your go at me @Nolimitz.
Hey Dip :censored2:

Whatever I or anyone else did before FedEx is no business of yours, nor is a spousal connection/income. How one decides to retire is not your concern. I only have 13-14 yrs in at 65. Am I done friend yes. Am I whining maybe. Take a long walk off the nearest pier. And kiss your wife good night! LOL

floridays

your the one making assumptions, i could not give a rat :censored2: regarding his post. Step in your own pile of S__t
The guy made a statement, the purpose was to extoll the virtues of fedex and what is possible with their compensation , over 22yrs, 2 months and 7 days at 55.

I simply ask if it was on his own contribution from his fedex career.

You will have to go to the UPS side to hear a truthful success story as this guy tried to peddle.

That is truth.

I'm happy the guy retired at 55 in March with 22yrs 2months and 7 days.

I think it is laughable if he is crediting fedex.

Nolimitz

The guy made a statement, the purpose was to extoll the virtues of fedex and what is possible with their compensation , over 22yrs, 2 months and 7 days at 55.

I simply ask if it was on his own contribution from his fedex career.

You will have to go to the UPS side to hear a truthful success story as this guy tried to peddle.

That is truth.

I'm happy the guy retired at 55 in March with 22yrs 2months and 7 days.

I think it is laughable if he is crediting fedex.
why do you give a rat's AZ_z

floridays

why do you give a rat's AZ_z
I don't, he's a company hack just like @Oldfart, @falcon back, @59 Dano.

I was just seeking some truth.

No courier that began in 2000 had the ability, monetarily to retire, not to work again solely on fedex compensation. That was my point.

One can retire, sever, their working agreement with fedex at 55.

No courier that began in 2000 can retire at 22 years and scratch retire, not to work again on his/her/it's fedex compensation and benefit package solely.

He's @StopCrying, is gone, I applaude him.
Is he retired or just retired from fedex?

McFeely

Huge Member
If you are suggesting a kid at 18 might still live with his parents or in any other form had no bills, I can see that.
I started my 401k at 23 years old. Made good money some years and put a lot in. Lived on my own, no kids at that age. Had a car payment, rent, and all utilities; just made wise decisions with my money.

My special lady friend has her own retirement plans. She makes a good salary, and will likely retire in the same ~55 years age range. Our retirement accounts are totally separate.

As I said previously, my income is not solely FedEx over my career.

That being said, I worked with one helluva swing that absolutely did retire at 55 from FedEx. I believe he had 30 years or more with them and now he’s loving life. It can be done, just gotta make smart decisions

floridays

I started my 401k at 23 years old. Made good money some years and put a lot in. Lived on my own, no kids at that age. Had a car payment, rent, and all utilities; just made wise decisions with my money.

My special lady friend has her own retirement plans. She makes a good salary, and will likely retire in the same ~55 years age range. Our retirement accounts are totally separate.

As I said previously, my income is not solely FedEx over my career.

That being said, I worked with one helluva swing that absolutely did retire at 55 from FedEx. I believe he had 30 years or more with them and now he’s loving life. It can be done, just gotta make smart decisions
I really had no argument, the guy just seemed to give fedex the credit.

I know your area and the wage scale in the past 30+ years, I know what that wage had in buying power there.

A question,

Are you both planning to retire to not work again or just leaving your employer with the benefits you both have accrued to continue what you have done or maybe do something else?

I truthfully wasn't trying to be a prick when I asked @StopCrying the question.

Serf

Did we get the thread back on track by establishing that if express dished out a full step increase for all, we would still only be losing about 2.5%~3.5% due to inflation.

Buhryein

Did we get the thread back on track by establishing that if express dished out a full step increase for all, we would still only be losing about 2.5%~3.5% due to inflation.
Apparently the managers didn't get the email with the info although they were told they would have it for us first week of August.

!Retired!

I ask again,

1. If there is a 'rest of the story', that's none of your business
2. You asked me a question, I answered it. Whether you believe it or not is of no consequence to me
I assumed nothing, I asked a legitimate question.
You asked a question, I answered it......you're assuming the rest
1. You made the assumption I was lying
2. You are making the assumption I have an inheritance, or something similar
No courier that began in 2000 can retire at 22 years and scratch retire, not to work again on his/her/it's fedex compensation and benefit package solely.

What did I do before FedEx? What percentage did I contribute to my 401? Do I have another IRA I was contributing to? Did I make any money with investments outside 401 and IRA? Again, those are none of your business. And again......you asked a question, I answered it.

For the record......I did not plan on retiring when I did. My last official day was on a Tuesday. I even told my manager that Friday I would be back on my route that Wednesday. But, my body reminded me over the weekend that if I kept going, what kind of shape would I be in when I turn 60-65-70?

fedx

Extra Large Package
I don't, he's a company hack just like @Oldfart, @falcon back, @59 Dano.

I was just seeking some truth.

No courier that began in 2000 had the ability, monetarily to retire, not to work again solely on fedex compensation. That was my point.

One can retire, sever, their working agreement with fedex at 55.

You can start at FedEx in 2000 and work until your 55 and then retire-if you live on the street in a cardboard box. Or if you stay at a homeless shelter and rely on the local food pantry to survive. But if you plan on living a somewhat decent life, then no FedEx isn't gonna make those dreams come true. So if you retire at 55, that means you started at FedEx at about 35, so it is possible that your previous job set you up to be able retire early. In my case it is somewhat true, but I still can't retire at 55. I knew a FedEx driver who retired at 55 and he worked around 35 yrs at FedEx, but he was in that group that topped out within 3 years of starting. He also worked 11 to 12 hr days as a courier most of his time at FedEx. But I agree, if he was at UPS, he could possibly retire at 55 after 20 years there and I'm sure many do, but at FedEx-no way.

abused.crr

I left express after 22 years but I married “up.” No way are you gonna tell me that very many 22 year express employees leave the company financially able to retire SOLELY on express. Most of the couriers I worked with were one emergency away from bankruptcy. I know I know it’s their fault they had a child, or bought a house, or financed a car. Bovine sheite