2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
I see cucumbers, several tomato sprouts in various levels of development (one nearly a seedling), and some kind of brassica (probably broccoli or cauliflower.) The tomatoes should have been started well before the cucumbers, and the cucumbers are getting far too leggy. The cukes need to be planted already, if you harden them off, or they need to be moved closer to the light source (or a stronger light source.) Several cucumbers look shriveled and undeveloped, possibly due to damping off (an affliction of seedlings.)

Tomatoes 3-7 days to sprout, 5-7 weeks max as seedlings.
Cucumbers 3-5 days to sprout, 3-4 weeks as seedlings.

Cucumbers & melons should be direct seeded, when the soil temp is above 55F, as they make for a much more robust & productive plant. Watermelon may have to be started as seedlings in harsh climates, but their most important feature, the long taproot they send down to water is often damaged and shortened by the transplanting process.
Yes, all correct. Those tomatoes were from fermented seeds from last year we tossed in a tray to see what would happen. It was a 19 day germination instead of the normal 3-7. The rest of my seedlings took off, but the seeds we fermented last fall were very late & I had given up. We had an extremely late frost so that held up my planting. The cucumbers & watermelons were a project from the 7 year old. Last year we had pollination issues with both, but added a hive of bees this year.

We eat the broccoli sprouts instead of planting so I have them under grow lights year round for salads.

Our watermelons in the garden have been destroyed by an armadillo I finally caught Thursday morning.

textat3

We need much bigger raises as our raises have been nowhere near profits on a percentage basis, another week of vacation to support the company in their quest to provide us with a work-life balance, nomo24fo, as long as both sides are reasonable, things will be cool. Carol seems like she respects us, Least a little more than da did.

Thebrownblob

Old school tactic.
Correct in recent contracts there’s been a lot of fluff BS time which led to the company thinking if they needed to do some real negotiating they had plenty of time. I don’t think O’Brien wants to play pattycake with management people he wants to get in there let them know he means business and they better negotiate and put good offers on the table 1st

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Correct in recent contracts there’s been a lot of fluff BS time which led to the company thinking if they needed to do some real negotiating they had plenty of time. I don’t think O’Brien wants to play pattycake with management people he wants to get in there let them know he means business and they better negotiate and put good offers on the table 1st

It could be done in a week...Master, Supplements and Riders..

No excuses this time, we all know what is happening in our economy, by next year 20 bucks an hour will be the new minimum wage in some states.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I'm retired, but what I can read about him, this seems right.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
by next year 20 bucks an hour will be the new minimum wage in some states.
Dag on it.
I just lost the good feeling of my pension amount. It's going to be hard going through the drive thru and looking at that pimply, skinny, 16 year old knowing he's making what I am.

Thebrownblob

Dag on it.
I just lost the good feeling of my pension amount. It's going to be hard going through the drive thru and looking at that pimply, skinny, 16 year old knowing he's making what I am.
Don’t worry you probably won’t see that same pimply faced skinny sixteen year old more than one time. Not much work ethic in the majority of these youngsters.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Dag on it.

Don’t worry you probably won’t see that same pimply faced skinny sixteen year old more than one time. Not much work ethic in the majority of these youngsters.

Give the these working kids a break...at least they aren't buying semi automatic rifles and shooting up the place..