$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

We have 8? EAM drivers that come back and deliver the 12:00 commits plus FT drivers that come in to deliver Sat. NDA at time and a half for 4 hours. All the Saturday ground drivers are in their first year and out until 0 Dark Thirty without throwing Air on them. Saturday cluster friend.
I told them not to even voboth asking me anymore unless they fix that mess. Ground stops from 5 routes and air stops from 6 routes.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They sort for 4 hours, then drive for 4 hours. How much should their sort pay be? 36.90?

I think they came up with the $34 as a median wage between inside work and driving. One wage for the whole job. I don’t see how they could displace a ft driver.

Did you not read the company proposal? It clearly stated that a hybrid driver job could consist of any 5 days and any combination of inside work or driving and even exclusively driving 5 days no inside work

PT Car Washer

I told them not to even voboth asking me anymore unless they fix that mess. Ground stops from 5 routes and air stops from 6 routes.
And last week the company downsized Saturday Ground. Less stops, less experienced drivers Just qualified last week compared to just qualified last month) and an even larger area to cover.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Dummie, it was the unions idea because the CO. wants to work a 7 day work week with non consecutive days off. So you shortsighted dimwit, that mean you could be scheduled to work Sunday through Saturday, with Monday and Friday off, ignorant boon.

Say what you want about me. The union didn't have the guts to lock in 2 consecutive days off in the master. They delegated it to the regional supplements. My main concern about hybrid drivers is that paying drivers less for the same work is a huge mistake. Explain to me why I am wrong about that, then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.

Well, aren't we special..Hint not everybody is you.

Johney

Say what you want about me. The union didn't have the guts to lock in 2 consecutive days off in the master. They delegated it to the regional supplements. My main concern about hybrid drivers is that paying drivers less for the same work is a huge mistake. Explain to me why I am wrong about that, then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion.
What about cover drivers? They've been doing the same for years for less.

If big IF, I were to be ok with hybrid drivers it would be because there is Language limiting their use on road.

Something like "hybrid drivers will work no more than 4.5 on road M-friend. If they work over 4.5 hours on road they will receive full scale driver pay for the entire work day."
Full scale pay wouldn’t be a punishment for ups. They would still save money. Make it double time off their full scale rate ($34) plus if you have 10 or more occurrences in a month, you must add a ft driver. And NO FULL TIME LAY OFFS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Full scale pay wouldn’t be a punishment for ups. They would still save money. Make it double time off their full scale rate ($34) plus if you have 10 or more occurrences in a month, you must add a ft driver. And NO FULL TIME LAY OFFS.
How would they save money?

I did mean to add some type of language like violate X amount of times creates a ft driver position.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Outside classification employees have never delivered ground for less than full scale pay.

Maybe we should let 22.4 pull trailers and make local pick ups for less than feeder pay also.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I don't know about that. Obviously all new drivers will do the same work for less during their progression. If some areas already have drivers who permanently make less, then perhaps that should be addressed in their supplement negotiations.

No one seems to have a problem paying Union members inside the Hub all different pay rates for the same work.

Again, I don't know what everyone's situation is, but at my center the only part timers who make significantly more are ones who have been there so long that their cost of living increases have brought them up to the high $20/hr range. As far as I know everyone else makes in the same range, with the exception of the extra dollar per hour for skilled positions. I don't expect a perfect system, but we can demand better, and refuse worse.