$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

I don't know about that. Obviously all new drivers will do the same work for less during their progression. If some areas already have drivers who permanently make less, then perhaps that should be addressed in their supplement negotiations.

Again, I don't know what everyone's situation is, but at my center the only part timers who make significantly more are ones who have been there so long that their cost of living increases have brought them up to the high $20/hr range. As far as I know everyone else makes in the same range, with the exception of the extra dollar per hour for skilled positions. I don't expect a perfect system, but we can demand better, and refuse worse.
We have PT pay that ranges from $10/hr to almost $36/hr. With Art 22.3 somewhere in the middle.

RealPerson

I would think the Drives would want some awesome Loaders that have been around awhile.
Starting pay for them SUCKS, definitely will not attract good workers.
Walmart will be at $15 BEFORE UPS is..... a NON Union company, that is SAD.

Walmart (NYSE: WMT) is another company that is using the tax reform law as a reason to raise the starting pay at its stores to $11 per hour, with an eye towards raising it to $15 by 2020.

Target (NYSE: TGT) also boosted its starting pay to $11 per hour, and like Walmart, says that it will be raising it to $15 per hour by the end of 2020.

Whole Foods employees remain very well paid, with wages ranging between $11.70 per hour and $17.91 per hour, and the average settling at $14.48.

In-N-Out $13 an hour

Aldi employees start at $12.25 per hour, and have a chance to earn an additional $4.75 per hour when they're performing managerial duties

McDonald's - $10-$12 an hour

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Say what you want about me. The union didn't have the guts to lock in 2 consecutive days off in the master. They delegated it to the regional supplements. My main concern about hybrid drivers is that paying drivers less for the same work is a huge mistake. Explain to me why I am wrong about that, then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion.
You’re right about one thing, Dummie, talking to you has not been intelligent conversation. As for combo drivers, it’s, not the same work. They’re loaders/hub during the week and assigned drivers on the weekends/Sunday. They’re not supposed to be doing pickups or air. Also, half of all tbusinesses are closed so it’s going to be a lot of resi. If you’re really learning about our contract on this bs bulletin board, you should turn in your union card and go work with the special needs people at Mc D’s.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You’re right about one thing, Dummie, talking to you has not been intelligent conversation. As for combo drivers, it’s, not the same work. They’re loaders/hub during the week and assigned drivers on the weekends/Sunday. They’re not supposed to be doing pickups or air. Also, half of all tbusinesses are closed so it’s going to be a lot of resi. If you’re really learning about our contract on this bs bulletin board, you should turn in your union card and go work with the special needs people at Mc D’s.
And you've seen this language where?

Everything we've seen says they'll drive during the week and that one version could be pick ups then twilight shift.

35years

Gravy route
BTW
How is retirement treating you Dave?

What I mean by that is I can walk around Buffalo and watch UPS driver's pace and SWM's and just seeing them go slowly and no 340's at all really.

you're right. let's shut this thread down.

how do we/I delete it all?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no Buffalo in Washington State.

But there is a Buffalo in Upstate NY.

Read the whole thread and let me know what you think.

Fitbit App (possibly UpstateNY) made a point of disclosing his location as Washington State.
Even threw in some "Dudes" for good measure.
Then wants to delete the whole thread.

I rest my case.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I don't claim to know how operations run at every single center. I don't know every supplemental or rider. If that makes me a dummie, so be it. But you are confusing what I'm writing with what other people are writing. I haven't talked about combo drivers, I am talking about the proposed hybrid drivers, based on the available information. I don't really understand why you would be ok with paying ground drivers less for delivering ground packages. Maybe you'd feel differently if they were going after feeders. Also, notice how I don't resort to name calling or ad hominem attacks to make my point. And if you find this forum to be bs, perhaps your time would be better spent elsewhere.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no Buffalo in Washington State.

But there is a Buffalo in Upstate NY.

Read the whole thread and let me know what you think.

Fitbit App (possibly UpstateNY) made a point of disclosing his location as Washington State.
Even threw in some "Dudes" for good measure.
Then wants to delete the whole thread.

I rest my case.
I'm not Dave! I'm a man.

BC Mods know I'm in Washington. I'm trying to get Hoffa to sweeten the $41.05 an hour deal by including UPS bring back holiday turkey's and also a UPS version of FedEx Bravo Zulu recognition award. I'm looking out for you boys. I'm on your side brothers & sisters.

BTW, I might add...I haven't liked Brady since the Tuck Rule.

As far as Altima's... I'm warming up to the 2018 models.

Dave wouldn't like me. Of course y'all don't like me either so it all evens out.

PS @Covemastah.... on the Public thread you said the cops/public would support a UPS strike 100%. I don't doubt that. What you're not getting is; vast, large swaths of our beloved country outside of New England are not as loyal and loving or *Boston Strong* as you and your neighbors are. It's a much different USA out there. Joe or John Q Public would overwhelmingly find it disgustingin LA, Seattle, Denver...for high school grads striking with the potential to make $115-$120,000 annually in 5 short years. Outside of northeast there would be little to no support. #Guaranteed

Food for thought. 10pm here, past my bedtime. Night UPSer's! Zzz$41.05zzzzz{-)

KoennenTiger

That's another complication that supports being against hybrids. The information provided so far, that I've seen, doesn't go into specifics, but my BA believes that hybrids' inside work would be at inside rate and the driving would be at the hybrid driving rate. Another con is if hybrids are delivering during the week they would be stealing work from full rate drivers. If they are limited to driving weekends, then the only way I can see justifying a lower rate for ground delivery is to establish production standards and have lower standards for lower pay. That's a terrible idea, and as such the hybrids are a terrible idea.

How is this in any way different that TCD drivers that already exist but have no progression and a slightly lower starting pay? Other than now they will work the weekends?

MrBates

Sprinkle in some monster truck tires, a trampoline, and several house stops with 200 pounds of dog food and you've got a great day going

I hate trampolines and furniture thats poorly packaged. 1/2 of the time I know I'm going to be back with a calltag for the return. Only thing that comforts me is the extra time I take with them working as safe as possible. Oh whats that? You want it all the way in the backyard way over there? No I dont mind at all, paid by the hour, and like our founder Jim Casey said "All we have to offer is service". Hustle that buck and make every second count.

Daf

That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
blah blah blah. Yes we make a lot of money. You are implying that no one should complain aren’t you? Just because we make good money doesn’t mean that we deserve to get treated like :censored2: day after day after day.

I'm not Dave! I'm a man.

BC Mods know I'm in Washington. I'm trying to get Hoffa to sweeten the $41.05 an hour deal by including UPS bring back holiday turkey's and also a UPS version of FedEx Bravo Zulu recognition award. I'm looking out for you boys. I'm on your side brothers & sisters.

BTW, I might add...I haven't liked Brady since the Tuck Rule.

As far as Altima's... I'm warming up to the 2018 models.

Dave wouldn't like me. Of course y'all don't like me either so it all evens out.

PS @Covemastah.... on the Public thread you said the cops/public would support a UPS strike 100%. I don't doubt that. What you're not getting is; vast, large swaths of our beloved country outside of New England are not as loyal and loving or *Boston Strong* as you and your neighbors are. It's a much different USA out there. Joe or John Q Public would overwhelmingly find it disgustingin LA, Seattle, Denver...for high school grads striking with the potential to make $115-$120,000 annually in 5 short years. Outside of northeast there would be little to no support. #Guaranteed

Food for thought. 10pm here, past my bedtime. Night UPSer's! Zzz$41.05zzzzz{-)
Seattle cops and fire supported us in ‘97. They make more than us.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How is this in any way different that TCD drivers that already exist but have no progression and a slightly lower starting pay? Other than now they will work the weekends?

I don't know. We don't have TCD's, I don't know all the rules surrounding them, and I don't know all the rules surrounding the proposed hybrids. If TCD's deliver ground and aren't in progression, or don't make full scale, you should get onto your local or region about getting a better deal.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I don't claim to know how operations run at every single center. I don't know every supplemental or rider. If that makes me a dummie, so be it. But you are confusing what I'm writing with what other people are writing. I haven't talked about combo drivers, I am talking about the proposed hybrid drivers, based on the available information. I don't really understand why you would be ok with paying ground drivers less for delivering ground packages. Maybe you'd feel differently if they were going after feeders. Also, notice how I don't resort to name calling or ad hominem attacks to make my point. And if you find this forum to be bs, perhaps your time would be better spent elsewhere.
Whine much? Go to aunion meeting and stop being ignorant.