$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

M

MenInBrown

That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.

Cool story bro. I only get $2000/month pension with 25&out. Vote NO for me!

He does not have a 25 and out. And I think he is wrong about leaving ups and able to retire @ 55. There is a “recent coverage clause”. He will need to work 4 more years. Maybe 500 hours too depending on when his bithday is.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
He does not have a 25 and out. And I think he is wrong about leaving ups and able to retire @ 55. There is a “recent coverage clause”. He will need to work 4 more years. Maybe 500 hours too depending on when his bithday is.
I'm just saying what the WCT has. (Western Conference Teamsters)

Yes, the lock in for your retirement at 25-years. It used to be that you had to contact the union to ask to be locked in after your 25 years. Now it's automatically computed. So yes, at 46 I can quit or even get FIRED and get 100% of my retirement 9-years later at 55. I can go to Costco and stack crackers and wait it out if I want. Let's face it.... management at UPS retire wealthy all across the board. Yet they're way to old to enjoy the real Golden Years.

I love my deal, God Bless the Teamsters.

Thank you, Jimmy! :-*

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
In your case, yes vote NO!

What happened? How come you guys are stuck without all the great benefits that the 13-states on the West side get? Shocks me to hear this... $2,000 a month. I'd need to get another job. That blows.

Maybe this is why you rarely hear from a retiree on BC in say Medford, Oregon.

Here's the deals.... our center has retired over 10 guys and gals and not a single one was over 57-years old and those at 57 stayed many years after their eligibility to buy a cabin or toys.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What happened? How come you guys are stuck without all the great benefits that the 13-states on the West side get? Shocks me to hear this... $2,000 a month. I'd need to get another job. That blows.

Here's the deals.... our center has retired over 10 guys and gals and not a single one was over 57-years old and those at 57 stayed many years after their eligibility to buy a cabin or toys.
Got to stay til
At least 57 here to get retiree health insurance

I'm just saying what the WCT has. (Western Conference Teamsters)

Yes, the lock in for your retirement at 25-years. It used to be that you had to contact the union to ask to be locked in after your 25 years. Now it's automatically computed. So yes, at 46 I can quit or even get FIRED and get 100% of my retirement 9-years later at 55. I can go to Costco and stack crackers and wait it out if I want. Let's face it.... management at UPS retire wealthy all across the board. Yet they're way to old to enjoy the real Golden Years.

I love my deal, God Bless the Teamsters.

Thank you, Jimmy! :-*
And what is your understanding of the recent coverage clause?

M

MenInBrown

That’s a very good question. Retirement sucks.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
Your calculations didn’t factor in what you’ll lose if the make all Driving jobs “hybrid” positions.
You’ll be an air driver for your first portion and a ground driver for your second.

brown_trousers

It all comes down to how that pension money is invested. Our west coast pension trust has been enrolling a lot of smaller businesses lately. We could end up in the same boat as central states if things go bad

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Whine much? Go to aunion meeting and stop being ignorant.

Man, you have opened my eyes. I'm a whiney dummie, a short-sighted dimwit, and an ignorant boon (whatever that means). I have seen the error of my ways, I am heading straight to my local and handing over my union card until they can straighten me out.

Oh, wait. Nah... I'm not the reason our conversation has been unintelligent. I'm gonna leave you with these to cogitate.

5d5.jpg
IknVO3Tl.jpg

c06.gif

CitizenTruth

Thank you.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Man, you have opened my eyes. I'm a whiney dummie, a short-sighted dimwit, and an ignorant boon (whatever that means). I have seen the error of my ways, I am heading straight to my local and handing over my union card until they can straighten me out.

Oh, wait. Nah... I'm not the reason our conversation has been unintelligent. I'm gonna leave you with these to cogitate.

View attachment 199242 View attachment 199243
View attachment 199245
New Combination Driver Jobs Protect Weekends for Package-Car Drivers, Address Issue of Forced Overtime, Create Full-Time Jobs - UPS Rising

Here you go you ignorant :censored2:. Open the link.

Kicked Your Dog

We've seen that weak language already.
What is it you think is going to improve with a no vote? Who is going to give a :censored2:e when we are turning our noses up to a $15k over five year raise, healthcare, and pension for a dumb trucking job? Who is going to shed a tear when most Americans think because their incomes suck, no one should have better? This isn’t the climate to strike when a satisfactory offer is being made. You think if we strike we’re going to get an extra $5 an hour and better benefits? You’re friend’n crazy. Think.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What is it you think is going to improve with a no vote? Who is going to give a :censored2:e when we are turning our noses up to a $15k over five year raise, healthcare, and pension for a dumb trucking job? Who is going to shed a tear when most Americans think because their incomes suck, no one should have better? This isn’t the climate to strike when a satisfactory offer is being made. You think if we strike we’re going to get an extra $5 an hour and better benefits? You’re friend’n crazy. Think.
22.4 eliminated like they should be or at least paid full scale driver pay for time they are delivering.

If you're worried about what everyone else is gonna think about a strike you've already lost.

bumped

If this isn't the climate to strike when is the time to strike.

Kicked Your Dog

If this isn't the climate to strike when is the time to strike.
A fitting climate is one where the federal government is pro-worker/union (Democratic President) and negotiations result in mass concessions and a general attack against the workforce. We do not have much leverage in a strike, today, because the Republicans control everything and are totally insympathetic to workers. Remember that billion dollar tax plan? Who got the money? Corporations or workers? Did you see the Janus Supreme Court ruling yesterday, by a majority conservative Supreme Court?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
22.4 eliminated like they should be or at least paid full scale driver pay for time they are delivering.

If you're worried about what everyone else is gonna think about a strike you've already lost.

I'm not gonna argue with that guy anymore. He clearly doesn't understand what the real concern is. I should throw in one of these for him, though:

b30.jpg

I never argued for a bigger raise or better benefits, just don't want my labor devalued by paying people less to do my job. How is that so hard to understand?