Hi, guys. Is this test on the 5/10 done at the UPS School? Is it written or do I have to say them out load to the person giving me the test? and how strict are they if you mess up once? I heard it depends on the person testing you.

Hi, guys. Is this test on the 5/10 done at the UPS School? Is it written or do I have to say them out load to the person giving me the test? and how strict are they if you mess up once? I heard it depends on the person testing you.
You need to be able to say them and write them down . And they will continually ask you the same :censored2: throughout your career.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All good kids like Meth?
jesse-dancing-funny-breaking-bad.gif

thanks guys.

how soon after you graduate from integrad do you start working? I mean do they give you a few weeks at least so you can put in your two week notice at your current job? I heard that once you go to integrad you're pretty much in, they've invested too much to let you go at that point, not unless you really screw up big time. I don't want to quit my other job until they tell me i'm hired. How does this work?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
thanks guys.

how soon after you graduate from integrad do you start working? I mean do they give you a few weeks at least so you can put in your two week notice at your current job? I heard that once you go to integrad you're pretty much in, they've invested too much to let you go at that point, not unless you really screw up big time. I don't want to quit my other job until they tell me i'm hired. How does this work?

You’re screwed

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
thanks guys.

I wish I could paint a rosy picture for you, but UPS is known for not giving a friend about your life while starting out.
They'll expect you to come in at the drop of the hat and then tell you they cut that route out when you drive in.
Expect The Unexpected (from UPS)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
thanks guys.

UPS doesn't give you notice for :censored2:.

Indecisi0n

Don't listen to all these old heads. They all had it easy in their days. They would just shave the answers into the horses fur and read them off while the sup rode in the carriage with them.

Killjoys

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
thanks guys.

I wouldn't get too confident about being passed for going to intergrad. I know one guy was failed on his fourth day of class for having trouble with the driver drill and couple of other guys who did pass were failed during probation because their numbers weren't improving.

JL 0513

This is the predicament many of us had to go through to become drivers. I had a steady full time job and one day out of the blue HR calls and says there's finally a driving spot after waiting 5+ years. I worked in a very small shop that depended on me and I had to make the decision in one day or be passed up for driving. Quit a good full time job that I needed to survive (wife also just had a baby) and take a gamble to drive with a high failure rate. I did take the plunge and it turned out good but you never know. Almost no employer will let you leave for 5 weeks to try something (including 30 day progression). I'd ask your employer for 1 week for Intergrad first. If then you pass and then are called to drive, then make the call.

E

el blanco

thanks guys.

after 12 years of PT work, they called me in the middle of the afternoon at my FT job, and said I needed to be in a neighboring state by 0800 hours the next morning for driving school

that's how much upmfs cares about you as a person