jesse-dancing-funny-breaking-bad.gif
@Future ?

F

Frankie's Friend

thanks guys.

how soon after you graduate from integrad do you start working? I mean do they give you a few weeks at least so you can put in your two week notice at your current job? I heard that once you go to integrad you're pretty much in, they've invested too much to let you go at that point, not unless you really screw up big time. I don't want to quit my other job until they tell me i'm hired. How does this work?
Bahahahahaha. We just had a guy off the street thst went down in flames. Dont be gullible. Good luck

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is the predicament many of us had to go through to become drivers. I had a steady full time job and one day out of the blue HR calls and says there's finally a driving spot after waiting 5+ years. I worked in a very small shop that depended on me and I had to make the decision in one day or be passed up for driving. Quit a good full time job that I needed to survive (wife also just had a baby) and take a gamble to drive with a high failure rate. I did take the plunge and it turned out good but you never know. Almost no employer will let you leave for 5 weeks to try something (including 30 day progression). I'd ask your employer for 1 week for Intergrad first. If then you pass and then are called to drive, then make the call.

Almost word for word my story. The other thing I had to consider was the decrease in overall income, going from a full time and a part time job down to just a "full time" job that paid less, to start, than the one I was leaving.

thanks guys.

how soon after you graduate from integrad do you start working? I mean do they give you a few weeks at least so you can put in your two week notice at your current job? I heard that once you go to integrad you're pretty much in, they've invested too much to let you go at that point, not unless you really screw up big time. I don't want to quit my other job until they tell me i'm hired. How does this work?

That's all going to depend on your center's needs. A lot of places this is a pretty bad time of year to be starting your thirty days. You should hopefully have some idea about whether your center is short on drivers or not.

If you're number 58 on the seniority list (hypothetically speaking, you won't actually have any seniority until you qualify) and your center usually runs 50 routes, you will probably be just on the line between working regularly and not, once you consider vacations and call-offs. But you will be expected to be available to work any given day, which can be a problem if you are trying to keep working your other job, unless they are flexible with their schedule. Hopefully your state has a reasonable unemployment system.