8 hour req

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sure the company is bull:censored2:ting but when I bid the route,it is a van route with a late pickup,I agreed to the terms of the route.

Routes are bid with specific restrictions clearly spelled out so that there is no confusion. This is primarily for training routes, which the bid driver knows he/she has to vacate as needed, but can also apply to other situations, such as a route than runs EAMs before running the regular route.

dqs95124

How does your local handle 8 hour requests and violations?

They try to honor them sometimes here but other times they pretend they cant hoping you wont file; sup tried to convince me if I dont file they will make sure I get another 8 hour next friday; cant do that jack extra contractual agreement; going to have to file on them;

Lol side note as im writing this at lunch in a cafe a woman came up and said she is an ex driver and she was glad to see im taking.my.full break; told her the 8 hour situation and she said hell yes dont let them get away.with.anything!! Lol happy fu friday everyone

dqs95124

For 17 yrs this is the only job that you have to request to only work 8 hrs. 2 times a month. Then it's denied. I don't want the ot pay. I want to go home. Yes I will file. On the days those poor management people," who chose this job". Can not do my 8 hr request. File get the $.