8 hour req

hyena

image.gif

Dr.Brownz

Tell them,make the "plan" go out and run the route! Our dispatcher is so fat he can't see the ground three feet in front of him. When he tells me "you should be able to XXXXX" I reply with get your fat but(sic) out and do it!

But my route is exempt from 8 hour days and I knew it when I bid it. If I want an 8 hour day I have to run a different route.

Where in the contract is this route is exempt from 8 hour reqs? Sounds like company bs

Whargoul

I had some major BS with my last 8hr request. I bid on a route for the duration of 1 week and was given the route to do for that week. I had put in for an 8 hour request 1 week prior for friday. On thursday I asked the sup who I submitted my 8hr too if I was getting my 8 hour for friday. Sup was all like yeah. Come friday they take me off my duration bid and give me a split route 24ftr 500 pkgs and then second truck 170 res stops - I was literally screaming at my sup in front of the center manager telling em im coming back at 430 with the rest of my stops and that I want a union rep right now. They tried to tell me too many drivers put in 8hr requests and I got bumped. I was like this is complete horse:censored2:. They sent me help but It was not an 8hour day or even close. I ended up banging out mon and tues in return.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I had some major BS with my last 8hr request. I bid on a route for the duration of 1 week and was given the route to do for that week. I had put in for an 8 hour request 1 week prior for friday. On thursday I asked the sup who I submitted my 8hr too if I was getting my 8 hour for friday. Sup was all like yeah. Come friday they take me off my duration bid and give me a split route 24ftr 500 pkgs and then second truck 170 res stops - I was literally screaming at my sup in front of the center manager telling em im coming back at 430 with the rest of my stops and that I want a union rep right now. They tried to tell me too many drivers put in 8hr requests and I got bumped. I was like this is complete horse:censored2:. They sent me help but It was not an 8hour day or even close. I ended up banging out mon and tues in return.
That'll show'em you mean business
Smh!

Overpaid Union Thug

Are you filing for the penalty?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Not quite. It is to the point now where the supervisors know who is doing that. They will often just over dispatch them according to the plain (until the big boss complains) because they know they don't really want an 8 hour day. When there are a constant flow of 8 hr requests by them they are either going to accommodate them or let them get their penalty pay. Either way they are taking an 8 hour request that someone that actually wanted a light day could have had. And like I said....they will more than often stay out to get the penalty.

Back before UPS decided to increase our work loads, and before anyone figured out this scheme, it was easy to get an 8 hour request. Even after the company started loading us down it took a while for the idea of making a little extra money this way to catch on. 8 hour requests were actually used to get a light "8 hour" day. Holding them accountable is not the same as purposely screwing them. Yes, they screw us but I like to think that by refraining from returning the favor keeps one from sinking to their level. I will not hesitate to file for the penalty (hold them accountable) but I will not ask for the day just to turn around and purposely stick it to them monetarily while blocking someone else form potentially getting the day. I am no better than them if I do.
I used to fill out 8 hour requests for the year.