9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

I did not say that.
We get 6 weeks max regular vacation.
Then we get 1 option week vacation.
And 2 single option days.
These are scheduled way in advance.
No paid sick days.
For a total of 7 weeks and 2 days.

I know other supplements get over 9 weeks paid time off when you count paid sick days.

I am not OK with the disparity.
We get six weeks vacation. 5 Sick and 5 personal days paid at 8 hours.

35years

Gravy route
6 weeks vacation at 25 years in, 1 optional week, 4 optional days, 8 paid holidays, and 6 sick days a year :biggrin:
I hate you.

But hey, I put my 8 hr request in only 24 hours in advance, and bring stops back if I will be over 8. All of this stuff should be the same for the entire country.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I hate you.

But hey, I put my 8 hr request in only 24 hours in advance, and bring stops back if I will be over 8. All of this stuff should be the same for the entire country.

Six weeks vacation. Five option days. Three sick days. Cannot bring back over 8 requests. AND, wait for it, we don’t bid routes, we bid start times.

35years

Gravy route
Six weeks vacation. Five option days. Three sick days. Cannot bring back over 8 requests. AND, wait for it, we don’t bid routes, we bid start times.

That's really bad!
We keep our routes indefinitely.
Unless they re-loop the center, which used to happen about every 20 years.
With ORION it wont ever happen again.

My 8 hours usually end up being 7.5 and paid for 8. They don't like to find me help.

35years

Gravy route

Do you guys at least have language that prevents them from forcing a 6th punch/Saturday for M-friend drivers?

You must have some goody in your supplement to balance that out.
I can't even fathom what would be worth not keeping my own route.

happyman2018

If everyone gets on the 9.5 list it will...
Hey how much will your pension pay if there is no UPS? Keep up with the hand cuffs that the competition does not have. Keep kidding yourself that we are losing market share to FDX because of bad management. Competition eats our lunch because they have flexibility’s we do not. That’s the fact jack. Tell Mr Roark and Tatoo I said hello.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Do you guys at least have language that prevents them from forcing a 6th punch/Saturday for M-friend drivers?

You must have some goody in your supplement to balance that out.
I can't even fathom what would be worth not keeping my own route.

No forced weekend work for anyone with seniority date from Aug ‘02 or something like that. I asked a bunch of old timers what we got in exchange for no bidded routes, none of them can remember.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
So if you guys/gals got that little gem, I cannot wait to see what was given back or given up...just sayin.
Hey at least we dont have to hear your bull :censored2: excuses why you cant keep us under when are production is good. Love walking into my center manager's office and having him tell me how great he is going to treat me if I dont go on the 9.5 list. I immediately lift my feet and he asks why, I say I dont want the :censored2: to get on my feet.

35years

Gravy route
No forced weekend work for anyone with seniority date from Aug ‘02 or something like that. I asked a bunch of old timers what we got in exchange for no bidded routes, none of them can remember.
Well that is a big one for newer drivers.
We were forced to work Saturdays (several) the last few years during peak...Newer drivers more than long time drivers.

Someone should create an excl or Google doc to compare/contrast the different supplements. The Union will never do it, or the natives would get restless. No doubt one exists for company negotiators.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I'm new and have a question about the 9.5.

If your center asks you to come in early to help preload, and you come in at 8am (for instance), does 9.5 start from there OR does it start from 9am OR does it start from when you hit the road?

Also, are cover drivers allowed to be on the list?

I'm also assuming that this doesn't cover your break, so if you work 9.5 (without taking a break), are they going to take it out of the 9.5 (giving you 8.5) then complaining you only worked 8.5...?
Paid break counts towards 9.5, unpaid does not as of the current contract. So you would work a 10 hr 10 min with full break.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Paid break counts towards 9.5, unpaid does not as of the current contract. So you would work a 10 hr 10 min with full break.
You guys only get a 10min break?! I thought our one 15min break was bad since I heard some places get 2 separate 10min breaks.

You guys only get a 10min break?! I thought our one 15min break was bad since I heard some places get 2 separate 10min breaks.
We get 2-10 min. And a 3 after 10 hrs I believe. When I transferred to places that had one 15 min, I still took 2-10 min.